What's new

Worst toupee (or real hair that looks most like a toupee) (1 Viewer)

CameronJ

Stunt Coordinator
Allright, so I've seen this guy on TV a few times, and every time I wonder what in the world he's thinking when he puts this thing on every morning.
Ohio congressman James Trafficant
Can that really be his real hair?
Maybe someone from Ohio can shed some light on the subject.
I don't see what's wrong with going bald gracefully. Unfortunately for me, I found my first gray hair this morning. Too bad it was in my drain!
OK, so I didn't really mean this to be a tournament (just a comment on a really bad wig), but WTH, here we go.
So far we have
  • James Traficant
  • William Shatner
  • Marv Albert
  • Sam Donaldson
  • Howard Cosell
  • Rip Taylor
  • Ted Danson
  • Lorne Michaels
  • Ray Manzarek
  • Elton John
  • Ted Koppel
  • Carl Eller
  • Burt Reynolds
  • Roger Moore
  • Sean Connery
  • Gene Keady
  • Aaron Brown
  • Charles Heston
I'll close this to suggestions at the end of the day today. Any other nominations?

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
If we can nominate dead people my vote goes to Howard Cosell. Does anyone else remember the time he was at the Kentucky Derby in the wind and rain? He barely kept his lid on. One hand held the mike, the other was clasped firmly on top of his noggin. At one point he brought his hand off his head and a gust of wind nearly made off with his toup! My parents, sister and I were laughing so hard we were crying!

For the living, my vote goes for James Trafficant as well. Real or not, it looks like something died on top of his head!

CameronJ

Stunt Coordinator
How about Bill Shatner.
Shatner's toupee is definitely the stuff of legends. There's a short film out on the internet about someone who acquires Shatner's toupee, which apparently has special powers. I couldn't actually find it in my quick search, but I found plenty of references to it.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Cameron, that picture of James Traficant is a riot! :laugh: He's just not an Ohio congressman, he's also a member. :D

Carlos_E

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if William Shatner wore a hair piece during the original show in 1966? He was 35 at the time and had that slicked back look.

Doesn't Hollywood have, and also had at this time, the kind of hair pieces where the hair looks like it is actually growing from your scalp? You can actually see the hairline and scalp through the hair.

If am curious because if you are going to have hair loss, almost always by 35 years old, you will see it. I dont detect any kind of hair loss in Shatner in 1966 at 35 years old.

But then again, some men just lose it later in life. Look at David Letterman when he was 35 on NBC and now. Big difference.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Monica Kaufman (WSB Channel 2 newswoman in Georgia) alternates from a full head of hair and a Sinead O'Connor look within a month a few times. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks