What's new

worst music dvd concert video quality wise (1 Viewer)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
George Clinton Mothership Connection Live in Houston is by far the worst video quality concert DVD I have seen (due to source limitations, mostly), but it is so darn funky I just don't care.

Regards,

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
ELO at Wembly DVD is pretty bad, but only because the concert venue not really setup for filming. Seems like the film was only shot for posterity.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Jimi Hendrix Band of Gypsies is guaranteed to have the worst video ever on the concert footage. The picture is so bad it looks like it could have been shot on a Fisher-Price Pixel Vision thingy, except that they hadn't been invented yet.
This all due to the poor source material, of course.
Ted

Dan M

Second Unit
YES: Live In Philly '79

You would have to be a die hard fan (such as me) to tolerate the poor quality of this little ditty. Sound quality isn't much better.

Once again, poor source material.

James Corey

Stunt Coordinator
Rockpalast Live: Little Feat (1977 from German TV) - worst video, greatest music, call it a draw.

Although parts of Earth, Wind and Fire in Concert (1982) runs a close second, same limitation/redeeming value.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
The Nebworth (Spelling?) Concert, looked just awful. I got rid of it a few days after I bought it. I now see that years later this disc fetches a mint on e-Bay :frowning:

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Ozzy Live and Loud is pretty poor,looks like it was taken from vhs.The audio is pretty rotten as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks