What's new

Directors Worst movie draft! (1 Viewer)

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - an utter abomination to Beatles fans and movie lovers. How Peter Frampton, et al escaped public execution for this astonishes me.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Brian & Jan: nice picks! :D

I shudder at the thought of sitting through either of those again! :thumbsdown:

Up next:

Jim
Bill
Dome

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I agree with most of the picks so far, but I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE is a great little film in my opinion, and the new ME DVD made me very happy.

I don't think ARMAGEDDON is as bad as made out to be, but still, it ain't good.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately I can think of quite a few to choose from.

I suppose I'll go with Batman & Robin A.K.A. the franchise killer

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Godzilla (1998)

I believe that a film is not bad unless it fails on so many levels. The American incarnation of Godzilla is a travesty and truly fits my definition of a bad/horrible film/movie.

On one hand, it's a horrible film on its own merits. The attempts at humor are lame, the action scenes are very dull, and the creature design is fairly generic and not terribly exciting. Even by popcorn movie standards, this is such a laughable excuse for summer fun. The film strip I got for going to the sneak preview lies somewhere in my house buried underneath mounds of mounds of useless crap, and I hope I never find it.

On the other hand, it's a horrible Godzilla movie, and it should be stricken from the record. Growing up, I was a huge Godzilla fan, and part of its charm involved the monster fights, the bad dubbing, and the creatures themselves. The real Godzilla had atomic fire breath, not some f**king lame-ass sonic yell. :rolleyes

And don't get me started on the creature design. Is it too much trouble to take the existing rubber monster and transpose it to CGI as opposed to making it look like a generic Tyranosaurus Rex? TOHO studios could do it, but for odd reasons beyond comprehension Tristar pictures couldn't.

And the whole Godzilla is male/female is one of the worst ideas in a script I'd ever seen come to life.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
FEARDOTBOMB... oops, I meant FEARDOTCOM. Easily one of the worst films I've seen in a long time! A ripoff of THE RING, extremely boring, and it makes hardly a lick of sense. Hate, hate, hate it!

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Well Dome grabbed my next pick. Still, I’m happy as I have several stinkers in reserve.

Plus he wrote a great post about some of the several reasons this film stinks it up. :emoji_thumbsup:

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Chuck, I'll private message you before I start my next draft. What I have in mind for that one should be pretty interesting. I'm still working out the details and I'll let you all know when I'm going to start it.

Still waiting on Ric to make his two picks... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks