What's new

WORST FILMS OF 2005...anyone? Anyone? (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

Both from LAST year.

For me. Fantastic Four occupies ALL TEN positions of the 10 worst of 2005!

Ugh!:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I'll be the only one to say it but KING KONG gets my vote for the worst. But to be fair to the giant ape I haven't seen too many films from this year. ELIZABETHTOWN, my hometown, gets the second worst.

Dave>h

Second Unit
Thankfully, or so it seems from the lists, I haven't seen many films from 2005.

The only real stinker (and it was more disappointing than bad) was Elektra. Fortunately, Rob Bowman's Directors cut of the film made up for the lackluster film in a very good way. I really enjoyed the Directors cut and have just forgotten about the theaterical release.

Oh and Crash, which I saw on an airplane was a manipulative piece of garbage too! But I only saw it on an airplane so not sure if that actually counts!~

Dave

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

Strangely enough, Crash is my BEST film of 2005 so far.

Go figure. ;)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I read reviews when a movie comes out so I dont go see a lot of movies in the theatre anymore. Movies like Stealth, Cukes or the Island but I have seen a few..
F4 is at the top of my list. Followed by:
Episode 3.
Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Land of the Dead
Mother in Law (Saw most of it on a plane)
Rent
War of the Worlds
Devil's Rejects
Rent

dailW

Stunt Coordinator
the worst of the year
1.stealth
2.crash
3.dukes of hazzard
4.longest yard
5.alone in the dark
6.robots

Dave Hackman

Stunt Coordinator
The 10 Worst Movies I Saw in 2005

1. Cry Wolf – The only movie I walked out of in 2005.
2. Stay – I stayed until the end but wish I didn’t
3. November
4. Kung Fu Hustle
5. My Summer of Love
6. White Noise
7. Constantine
8. The Squid and the Whale – Seriously over-rated
9. Amityville Horror – Remake
10. The Fog – Remake

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
And I didn't think I was going to get to participate in this thread. :frowning:

Then I watched The Exorcism of Emily Rose. Holy shit. This movie is piss-you-off-Armageddon kind of bad. Oh, for the most part it's technically competent, but it's one of the most ridiculous and insulting films I've seen in years. Before I go on, I should say that I believe in the value of skeptical inquiry and of the scientific endeavor to explain the natural world. TEOER tramples on those values, preferring instead to posit that supernatural beliefs are something to be taken seriously, science and rationality be damned. I call bullshit. Attitudes like that are the last thing the world needs. (If the film had skipped the science-bashing and stuck solely to telling a supernatural story, I'd have been much more lenient on it.) But the film's troubles don't end there:

The priest is found guilty of negligent homicide (is this a bright spot I thought?) but the judge and jury agree to reduce his sentence to time served. This leads to the immortal line: "You're guilty but you're free to go." :rolleyes:

The defense attorney takes on the priest's case after being promised a partnership in the law firm she works for. And then she turns it down at the end! Yeah, right.

The defense attorney on a promising witness (an anthropologist): "She looks at possession from a scientific perspective and doesn't try to debunk it." WTF?

I could go on, but I'll stop before I blow a gasket.

Rating: Bomb

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Josh.C

Second Unit
I'm gonna go with

1. The Fog
2. The Brothers Grimm

And since being a new member here, I feel compelled to vent on probably the worst movie I have ever seen (given the scope of the production and the fact that I thought it could have been a very good movie). This one's 2004, but ALEXANDER was HORRIBLE!!! Pretty bad when the only good thing I can remember from the movie was Rosario Dawson getting naked.

Seriously, one of the worst movie's I've ever seen. Sorry, back to 2005!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I try not to see too many bad films (generally you can tell by the trailer, backed up by a couple reviews), but there were a couple that slipped through my screening process and sucked $10 out of my pocket that I'd like to have back:

Sin City
Dark Water

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
SteveGon: I thought 'Emily Rose' was well done - except for the silly "supernatural" element with the dark figures lurking in the shadows. I was glad to see a film with enough balls to offer a scientific explanation of "demonic possession" rather than try to force-feed me a bunch of religious B.S.

Much better than highly over-rated 'The Exorcist'.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I go with Kyle and Dave. Crash is easily the worst I've seen so far. So transfixed by it's own self-importance it doesn't make a single attempt at portraying reality; it railroads any sort of truthfulness in order to get its "message" across.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks