What's new

Worst DVD covers! (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I can't stand covers with the various characters situated at the bottom. It's like a curtain call after a play or something. Terrible.

So, Clive plays the hunchback of Notre Dame in Children of Men?

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I find that one astonishing. Did no-one, at any point in the process of developing that cover art, see it and think "That one listing of Bruce Willis's name is a little close to the title, especially when compared to Washington and Bening?" How does something as obviously wrong make it through?

baracine

Agent
Real Name
Benoit Racine

I bought this (probably) subsequent version:

The problem is still there but at least they have removed Bruce Willis to the bottom of the picture.

This, incidentally, was supposed to be the only film on record to talk about the 9/11 issue before the fact.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
that was the original or maybe second release.
the previous image posted here was the most recent release.

baracine

Agent
Real Name
Benoit Racine

The version I bought is still on sale on Amazon.com. And somebody please explain to me the "Martial Law Edition" banner. Is this a new Bush-endorsed viewing process?

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Warner has been on a roll with their recent covers for catalog releases based on vintage movie promotional art, but their new cover for the "'Rio Bravo' two-Disc Special Edition" where John Wayne, Dean Martin, and Ricky Nelson appear ready for action against giant posters of their heads (with Nelson's shadow actually extending over his mug shot) is just silly.

Regards,

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
That was essentially what they used for the original movie only version, though. I guess they wanted to make it easily distinguishable. The limited edition will have another cover variant that makes the three figures from the poster look like they are being watched through a window by giant versions of themselves. It makes me think of Mike TV from "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory":

Regards,

GlennWD

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn DelRossi
I too was very disappointed with the Rio Bravo Cover. I expected something much better than that.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

well knowing that we arent supposed to bring politics into these discussions, other then just to take a pot shot, why even mention it.

did you see the movie.
marshall law was enacted during the film.

baracine

Agent
Real Name
Benoit Racine

Yes, it was a pot shot. We're all allowed one. And I saw the film. And yes, martial law was enacted. But that still doesn't explain the "martial law edition" banner unless it's supposed to signal that it's a bare bones edition.

captainjoe

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sam
The Dead Zone:

I'm guessing Stephen King has something to do with this movie.

Seriously, to me this looks like a bootleg I'd find on the street and even some of their covers are better.

They should've used this classic poster:

kenNew

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought The Yearling (WB, Region 1) with a portrait of Claude Jarman Jnr positioned against the snow-covered Rocky Mountains.

Didn't The Yearling take place in the Florida swamps?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks