What's new

Worst DVD cover ever! Spoiler-wise anyway! (1 Viewer)

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Can't mention a spoiler DVD cover thread without saying Close Encounter of the Third Kind because...

It shows the alien spaceship on the cover. And instead of the case is a picture of Richard Deryus(sorry for the typo)'s character boarding the alien spaceship.

Well that blow the movie for me(first time watching it when I bought it). Even so I do like it, but the surprize is gone.

Juan C Toro

Stunt Coordinator
I think the worst is The Greatest Story Ever Told. In the cover you see Jesus carrying the cross, so you can easily guess that he dies crucified at the end of the movie.
JC

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
My roommate recently picked up North By Northwest. Neither of us had seen it before. On the box, it says that the woman is a double agent

Well, gee, thank you very much.

JoelO

Stunt Coordinator
I think the worst is The Greatest Story Ever Told. In the cover you see Jesus carrying the cross, so you can easily guess that he dies crucified at the end of the movie
I don't think it's a spoiler if the movie is based on history fact... ? Would it a spoiler if the cover art for Pearl Harbor is Pearl Harbor being attack?

Joel

Jamie E

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think it's a spoiler if the movie is based on history fact... ? Would it a spoiler if the cover art for Pearl Harbor is Pearl Harbor being attack?
No, it would only be a spoiler if it were revealed in the cover art that it was an attack by the Japanese. :laugh:
Nice sarcasm, Juan! :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
What I also hate are when the chapter index give away the ending

Carrie26. covered in blood. I know everybody knows that but some might not.

Superman41. Too late for Lois 42. As the world(re)turns

Scream 2 18. Mickeys Madness. That proves he did it since it is the 2nd to last chapter

and

Scary Movie 116. Killer gets away. At least they didnt say who he was, just that he got away

This also includes some movie trailers, can anyone think of any since I know some exist.

DarrenA

Second Unit
I know everyone is mentioning front covers, but how about back covers. On the back cover of the DVD The Hitcher starring Rutger Hauer, C. Thomas Howell and Jennifer Jason Leigh, their is the following...
Terror Alert: The Hitcher is a stretch for actress Jennifer Jason Leigh, especially when she's tied between two vehicles heading in opposite directions!

Kelly Payne

Agent
On the good side, it looks like the DVD cover for Gallipoli is much less of a spoiler than the previous VHS cover and actual movie poster...
which effectively showed the final shot of the film. See, even with the spoiler tag I can't bring myself to spoil anything. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks