What's new

Worst commute to work (1 Viewer)

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
25 feet. :b
(I am a composer and I have a studio in my home). I just have to walk across the hall in my PJs and all, sit in the big composing chair (at the computer and piano) and begin to write.
Oh wait....this was about the worst commute....never mind. :D

Caleb Penner

Agent
Well, I work for the same company as a cook in two pizzerias. My "commute" is either 9 or 17 minutes one way. On bike! with the wind against me.

I don't think I would ever drive 175 km everyday.

Caleb Penner

E

Eric Kahn

I drive about 6 miles to workit takes about 12 minutes
I used to drive 80 miles to work (every other day truck driving job) and could do it in 70 minutes
when I bought my house, I decided that I did not want a long commute to work.

John Stone

Supporting Actor
It takes me 1.5 hours each way. Thankfully I only need to go in once per week, some months even less often! :D

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
11 miles - 30 minutes. 45 on a bad day.

And then a few weeks ago I was working on a client site. 60 mile trip - 55-60 minutes. Go figure.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I drive 21 miles each way. Takes me 40 minutes in the morning and about 55 minutes in the evening.

Mark C Sherman

Second Unit
18 miles
25-30 minutes 1 cup of coffee and 2 Ciggs in the morning
Going Home
well lets just says its a good thing I am not armed
:D

Claude M

Stunt Coordinator
From Bergen county NJ to Hauppauge NY (going through the boroughs is a killer BOTH ways)!

Shawn C

Screenwriter
I used to drive from Woodbridge, VA up to Tyson's corner, VA. That pretty much took forever and I got sick of it.
Now all I gotta do is avoid having an accident with my dog as I walk across the living room and upstairs. :)

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
I used to live in the U-District in Seattle and work in Redmond. I think it was only a 15-mile drive, but on the way home ... across that damned bridge ... it sometimes took an hour and a half. It was stop-and-go for at least 5 miles on that stretch. Sometimes I'd purposefully drive around the north end of the lake just so I could stay in gear for more than 2 seconds at a time (I drive a stick). I'm _SO_ glad I don't have to put up with that any more.

AllanN

Supporting Actor
It takes me 1-3 minutes to get out of my freaking suburb neighborhood. I then turn down one street 5 minutes and 4 miles. From there im then greeted with a slalom of concrete barriers and guards with M-16s.

Christopher P

Supporting Actor

Yikes, I feel for you. I used to live in the U-district. And anything ivolving I405 or I520 is not going to be friendly. My commute is about 15 miles (30 minutes) into downtown Seattle, not bad but parking is another story, a rare and expensive one. So I take the bus.

Chris

Steven K

Supporting Actor
Can anyone beat 1 hour 45 mins each way, going only 18 miles?

This was my commute for about 3 months... granted, it was via subwaycommuter railbus. Now I drive... between 30 an 45 mins

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
40 miles one way. Average of 80 to 90 minutes in the morning.
Damn I hate Southern California traffic! :angry:

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
Wow, I can't believe some of these commute times, ouch! :frowning: I've got about a 10 mile drive that takes about 15 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks