What's new

Worst Case Scenario (1 Viewer)

R

RossTerry

i think it will be entertaining and somewhat informational.

its on TBS tonight at 8 (central time)

a brief review of what will be covered in the first episode:
Forest Survival - A tree-hugging naturalist and a tough hunter/outdoorsman must race over ten miles through the most unpopulated national park in the contiguous US.

Building to Dumpster - You've seen it done in the movies... Good Guy, running on a rooftop with Bad Guy in pursuit, must jump off into a dumpster. What's the best way to make that jump?

Cliff to Water Dive - Our Volunteer is going to learn to overcome her weak nerves and a fear of heights by jumping into a creek from over five stories up!

Smoke Hood - In a fire, smoke kills more often than flames. To prove the effectivenes of the EVAC-U8 Smoke Hood, Gear Girl will walk through a smoke and flame filled building.

Andy Judy's Ride - Andy Judy is an experienced skydiver who got caught underneath a plane as he was diving out. How did he survive? Watch and find out!

Falling Down a Mountain - You're hiking high up on a mountain trail, when one wrong step sends you tumbling to the bottom. We'll show you what to do in order to incur the least amount of harm.

--from the TBS website--

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
It was a fun show, with a positive and non-demeaning attitude as well as some mildly useful entertainment (couch potatoes like me won't have to use much of that knowledge for sure :)).
The best part was the race (even though they didn't manage to create fire and one of them couldn't do a make-shift axle, the two central moments in the race) and the story about the skydiver (man, that must have been a bit scary).
I'll watch it again!
/Mike

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
I highly reccomend the books that the series is based upon.

If your book store doesn't have them in the 'surival/camping' section, look in the humour section. Or the humor section, for you Yanks. :)

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I saw a few minutes of this when the stunt woman stepped off the building into the dumpster. Some things I noticed: I have seen a dumpster that big before; I have never seen a dumpster so clean before (filled with what appeared to be airbags or matresses covered with paper and cardboard, judging by the way she landed); and what do you do if you are more than 3 stories up?

Interesting premise, but probably not very helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks