Worst Buy strikes again!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Randy_M, Jan 15, 2002.

1. Randy_M

Randy_M Supporting Actor

Randy Margolis
    [rant]Tried to buy Sabrina (1995) today from Best Buy. After looking on my own for a few minutes, I asked a blue shirt, who led me around the aisles for a bit, and then said he would look it up on his computer.

I followed him to the terminal, and it was no where to be found. After trying to convince me I was looking for The Teenage Witch, I convinced him it was a real movie with Harrison Ford (he'd heard of him). He then told me that that was a title Best Buy would never carry, and told me I should go to a specialty retailer like Suncoast!!!!!

(They had lots of copied of American Pie 2, however)

At this point, I've had it, I'm through - NO MORE B&M FOR ME!!! It's online all the way from now on!

For software, Best Buy has become TOTALLY WORTHLESS!![/rant]

2. Kevin Fox

Kevin Fox Stunt Coordinator

Randy,

Actually, he was right. We stock it in my Suncoast.

Don't judge all B&M stores on your Best Buy experience. We try to rise above the level of your typical sales clerk by hiring people with some degree of movie knowledge. I'd like to think we've succeeded.

3. Tony_Faville

Tony_Faville Supporting Actor

Guess I am lucky....the crew in my local Best Buy are knowledgeable enough. Of course, they all know me by name and trust me when I tell them a certain movie should be in.

My only problem is that they have a tendency to not stock "older" titles. Have to go to Tower for those and that typically runs me $5 more than it should.

Long story short, I love my Best Buy.

4. ace peterson

ace peterson Second Unit

Pardon me, but what is B&M?

5. Randy_M

Randy_M Supporting Actor

Randy Margolis
    B&M = Brick and Mortar i.e. a local retail store

6. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

heh, the funny this is that Suncoast is owned by Musicland, which in turn is owned by Best Buy... he was trying to refer you to one of their sister stores.
    RE: Kevin Fox
    I just wanted to say that I love Suncoast, I love the people... I shop there for movie posters, shirts, and McFarlane action figures and there are the nicest people working there. But I never buy DVDs there unless they are on sale, the rest of the store I just use if I am wondering the MSRP on an item. [​IMG] What is the employee discount, by the way, Suncoast is one of the places I may like to work at this summer. Thanks.

7. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

The last time I was at Best Buy the guy working in the Music/Movies section got pissed at me when I told him he was wrong, that Farscape wasn't out as a box set. He told me I was wrong, because they carry it and he would know since he works in movies. I asked him to show it to me, because I might want to buy it. They were of course out and there was a problem with the computer, because it wasn't listed there. [​IMG]
    I generally like Suncoast, except for their priced [​IMG]. I used to pick up a few titles from them on their release date, because they'd have them on sale for within $1 of Best Buy and I like the people there better. They don't seem to have sale prices as good lately. I will occaisionly buy something there now, but if I paid MSRP for my entire collection I'd have about 150 titles instead of 550.