What's new

Worst 5.1 Audio Mix (1 Viewer)

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Do DTS discs count? If so, the 5.1 DTS release of The Police ("The Hits" or something like that) is laughable. Great music mixed into 5.1 by a deaf person.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Odd, I've heard other people say they thought that DTS cd of the Police was pretty good. I have it and I didn't think it was bad. It's not outstanding, but it's not bad.

Seth

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Really?!? Maybe it's just me?
The music just doesn't sound right mixed in 5.1. Many of the surround effects are so unnatural its comical.
I really wanted to like it but it sounds like 5.1 for the sake of 5.1 -as opposed to taking a music first approach.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I like the Police disc, but I would agree that the mixes for the later tracks sound a lot better than the earlier tracks.

I already agreed with Marty about the Mirroball 5.1 mix, but I neglected to mention that the 2.0 stereo mix on the same disc is completely different and sounds very good.

Regards,

Al B. C

Supporting Actor
Alice Cooper - "Billion Dollar Babies"

George Benson - "Breezin'"

Benson sounds like he's singing in a locker room and "BDB's" just plain sucks.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
I own the cd special edition of Billion Dollar Babies. Always thought I would pick up the DVDA.

Guess I shouldn't.

Chat C

Agent
I don't care for the Police's greatest hits (5.1DTS). Especially considering the potential for a great multi-channel experience from this excellent band. The recording has minimal channel separation, the rear surrounds basically just reproduce the stereo recording but with added "echo" I found it to be very disappointing. Not to mention the couple of cheesy remixes they included instead of the original songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks