What's new

Worried about old speakers with new receiver (1 Viewer)

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
I have just taken delivery of my new Onkyo TX-8511 stereo receiver, and I'm embarrased to say that it never even occurred to me until I was about ready to hook it up that I should check the specs on my classic (okay, maybe the word is just "old") Allegro 3000 speakers.

Imagine my surprise at learning that these speakers are rated at 60 watts and 16 ohms.

Do I need to be worried about this combination? I'm not completely ignorant but the whole wattage to impedence thing is a little bit voodoo to me, so I would appreciate it very much if anyone can help me figure this out. Thanks in advance!

Ronn.W

Second Unit
I'd like to know what the average is of people who buy new receivers ending up buying new speakers sooner than they thought, and vice versa. :D

John S

Senior HTF Member
Audio systems are crazy....

You upgrade one thing, only to have it reveal the next weekest link in the setup.

I have been going around and around with this and my system.... I mean at first I thought how cool it would be to true bi-amp the entire system....

I had to go to dual 15" subs to keep up with the mains at that point...

I really need EQ on each channel to help iron out the electronic cross over, ect..ect..ect...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks