What's new

Worldwide Hardware Sales from CNN.com (1 Viewer)

Chris Duran

Stunt Coordinator
Michael I agree with everything that you have said except for the last statment on why the Dreamcast failed because it didn't have good sports games. I don't agree at all Sega Sports makes far better games then EA Sports, plus Sega was the first to offer online play with it's sports games. Once again Sega was the company to come out first with great inoventions in the industry but just couldn't pull it off. Also 989 Sony's company makes the worst sports games ever.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Chris,

All I am saying is that if EA would have made Dreamcast games that the Dreamcast would have sold better. I don't think it would have saved the system, and I don't think EA always has the best quality sports games, but they are very popular.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Just out of curiosity, how do the sales numbers compare to the last generation of consoles? It seems to me that this is the generation where gaming has finally hit a more mature, mainstream crowd, and that there are a lot of people who are buying their first console (or first in a long time) in this generation. Any thoughts on why this might be? I don't think that the quality of games is anything more than in previous generations, since each console incarnation has had something that's stood out on it.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Personally, the hell with the games. Whadda they matter?
I want to know who had the best looking booth babes. :D

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Mmm... booth babes. Squaresoft used to always have the best ones. Unfortunately, they've become a bit politically incorrect, at least here in the States.

Robert Fan

Auditioning
PS2's have been outselling the XBox and GC combined since November. It remains to be seen how the latest price changes affect things, however, it's exceedingly difficult to imagine any scenario where XBox or GC will catch up to the PS2 in terms of sales before the next generation of machines is upon us.

In terms of market share, at least, Sony's unilateral declaration of victory in this generation was more than just marketing bluster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks