Worlds Scariest Police Chases host Dead?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by DeathStar1, Apr 15, 2003.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Paul S, the host of the show, has passed on? Anyone have more details on this, since I just heard a short blurb about it on the radio news.

I remember being so amazed by these specials when they first came out in 1996. Since it was around the summer of my final highschool year, I remember bringing these things in to show off during class when there where no set assignments to do and everyone just staring at awe in front of the TV.

Now, since there's no real new material and they are basically just best of specials, it's a fun thing to have on in the background while working on stuff.

I really hope they come out with more of these, with new footage, despite the apparent death of the host.

2. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

All the info I've been able to dig up has "Sheriff John Bunnell" as the host, and he appears to be very much alive.

Hmmm...

3. Jim Douglas

Jim Douglas Second Unit

4. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

So it was the producer, not the host who died. The show will probably continue, but this is a major blow.

5. MikeM

MikeM Screenwriter

Was he the guy who made a cameo interview in Bowling for Columbine?

6. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Yeah, Paul Stojanovich died in Oregon on a honeymoon or so when standing on a cliff to get his picture taken. Apparently he fell off. I remember seeing it on CNN or some other newschannel during all the Iraq coverage. At the time, the news article reported that the body was not recovered but Jim D's article link shows that the police did finally recover the body.

Jay

7. Glenn_Jn

Glenn_Jn Stunt Coordinator

So what's the moral of this story? Is it "Don't stand close to a cliff-edge while having your picture taken" or "Don't move to Oregon" or "Don't get married". I'm confused.