What's new

3D World’s First! Introducing the Ultimate 3-Dimensional Experience, ‘3D Cinema LED’ (1 Viewer)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Anyone see this article?

Samsung-ISE-2018_3D-CINEMA-LED_3_main_3.jpg

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
Judging by the video sample, this is similar active technology to what Samsung had on their tvs prior to 2016. Only larger. I notice how with every 'new' incarnation of 3D technology, it is written up as if they've solved all the issues with some sort of technical breakthrough that sets them apart from all previous attempts.

The resolution being halved was only an issue on passive HD screens. 4K screens and eventually 8k screens allow passive 3D to be presented without any drop in resolution.

Michel_Hafner

Screenwriter
I wish the Samsung were passive 3D in 4K from an 8K wall but it's active from a 4K wall it seems. Can still look very good though. I'll see the 2D version soon since a wall is installed in a not far away cinema at the moment.

SFMike

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
Missed this article and kind of shocked to see them coming out with ANYTHING 3D at this late date and after screwing 3D loving consumers so royally. Still pissed at the industry for the dumping of 3D.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks