What's new

World Series: Giants Vs Angels (1 Viewer)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I don't know that Scioscia thinks he has a lock on the last 2 games, but I do think that when it hit 10-4 he threw in the towel. It's a shame, kind of, since the Angels seems so irrepressible, and you'd kind of like to see them still give it 110% even at 10-4. But no sense being a damn fool about it, to quote WC Fields.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Wow baseball certain has been blessed the last two years with a great World Series.

That was a heck of a comeback today by the Angles.

Hopefully game seven will be just as entertaining.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Fox must feel as if they were born under a lucky star with the Series going seven two years in a row.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
well, not that lucky, it's a california-only series. nevertheless, i'm an acquaintance of a few giants fans, and i'm in ohio...:)

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Angels win!

Woohoo! I am SO glad to see this group of guys win it all!

The Rally Monkey should be the WS MVP!

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
As a huge Angels fan, and one who was actually at game 5 in Anaheim in 1986 when they were one pitch away from the World Series, it has been a long time coming!
This definitely helps heal some old wounds!
Congratulations to the WORLD CHAMPION ANGELS!!!!

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

MikeM

Screenwriter
What an excellent World Series! :emoji_thumbsup:
I knew the Giants couldn't pull it off. :) There is just something so damn annoying about the Angels that they just never stop hitting. I remember during the A's 20 game win streak, they only picked up like 4 games on the Angels! Incredible.
Hats off to another great year of baseball.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Congratulations to the Angles for well deserved championship.

Just think, last year they finished over forty games out of first and now one year later they are the champs. That alone gives hope to a lot of baseball fans across the country.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Gotta post in this thread too:
As a huge Angels fan, and one who was actually at game 5 in Anaheim in 1986 when they were one pitch away from the World Series, it has been a long time coming!
This definitely helps heal some old wounds!
Congratulations to the WORLD CHAMPION ANGELS!!!!

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
Congrat to the Anaheim Angels for winning the World Series.
But here's something I need answered: how are they doing to do that Disney commercial?
I can just hear the answer now: "I'm going across the street to Disneyland!" :rolleyes::b ;)

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
I'm very happy the Angels won this World Series. This team was full of players who all fought hard all year to win this. It was almost like they were America's team during this World Series. Congratulations to Anaheim for a job well done. :)

Russell B

Stunt Coordinator
I am a diehard Angel fan since 85 and this hasn't settled in yet. The 1986 HR from Dave Hendersons bat was a heartbreaker. I wonder if any ex Angels were there at the game like witt, downing, burelson, jones, grich, scholfield, jackson, harvey, carew and anybody else. It feels great to finally get one. WOOHOO!!!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, I thought the Angels would do it in 6 games, but I'll take a 7th game win to put them over the top.

It was sad to watch Dylan Baker clinging to Dusty and crying his eyes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks