What's new

World Series: Giants Vs Angels (1 Viewer)

Alex-C

Screenwriter
Winner - Schmidt
Loser - Washburn
Nuff said.

And since we're throwing out pitching stats, chew on these nuggets:

The Giants' bullpen -- Rodriguez, Tim Worrell and Robb Nen -- threw 3 1/3 innings of scoreless relief. The three pitchers didn't allow a hit and retired 10 of the 11 batters they faced.

Russ Ortiz will start Game 2 for the Giants. He's 2-0 with a 3.71 ERA in three starts this postseason. Kevin Appier will counter for the Angels. He's also started three postseason games and is 0-1 with a 4.11 ERA.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Didn't the Angels lose the first game of each previous playoff series this year? So it appears they have the Giants set up as planned.

On the other hand, this is the first series in which I'm rooting for the Angels so maybe their luck will run out.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Didn't the Angels lose the first game of each previous playoff series this year?
True, but on the road. 1st game they lost at home all playoff.
Dont think losing at homr was om their plans.
I belive monkey has rabies and was put down

Vincent Matis

Second Unit
Real Name
Vincent Matis
Giants in 6. You can't pitch to Bonds and can't walk him.
And Kent is batting only .238 (10-42)... Angels are hoping he will not wake up...
Seems that everytime the Cards or the Angels had scoring opportunities (man on 2nd, 0 out or man @ 3rd, 1 out), Giants prevented them to score... Latest examples: bot 3rd: Kennedy leadoff double, with the 1-2-3 Angels batters coming up. No score !
bot 5th, runners on 1st and 3rd, 1 out and Salmon + Anderson coming up: they failed to score... The Angels left or failed to advance 17 runners !!! Can't win with so many wasted opportunities...

Vincent

Alex-C

Screenwriter
so much for the starting pitching !

I guess its up to the bullpen...(great game so far)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Where did that freaking Bonds HR land exactly?!? Holy crap did he hit the hell out of that ball.

Classic game. This series is off to the kind of start you could expect.

Back during the first round I called the Angels and Cards the teams of destiny. The Angels because that monkey seems to have some real power, the Cards because of what they overcame. Obviously the Cards weren't, which leaves the Angels.

BUT, both teams have some pitching, both have a lot of lumber (Angels have a bit more though). I think the matchup is very even, which is exactly how it's gone so far.

Salmon did the same thing tonight as he did for my fantasy team in the 2nd half this year. One reason I won my league (G Anderson and Bernie Williams being 2 other keys).

It is nice to have the WS on different stages this year. I especially love the look of Pac-Bell. I never realized the Ed had an "A" in the rocks out there (at least I thought they showed an "A" in the rocks).

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Where did that freaking Bonds HR land exactly?!?
That's the thing: I don't think it has landed yet! ;)
Boy I am enjoying this series more and more. I like that both teams have workman-like players (yes, Bonds gets $$$ and none of the others are starving but you know what I mean) and not a superstar laden team like the Yanks (Bonds excepted).
I wonder what the Giants fans will have in store to counteract those damned thunderbats (or whatever they're called) and the monkey?

MikeM

Screenwriter
If the Giants bring out the "Crazy Crab" from years past, I'm flipping the damn TV off. :D

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
With a 11-10 score, like I said, if the angels pull it off, the Giants are going to make them earn it. That was definitely not a blow out.

As for Barry's home run, the camera pointed in that direction, but where was the ball? Anyone here who was actually there see where did the ball land? Sure, that home run was meaningless, but it was awesome to watch. Even Tim Salmon's jaw dropped when he saw that home run (you could see him say " that's the farthest home run I've ever seen) -At Edison field of course.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I live 3 miles away from Anaheim Stadium, and the ball landed on my front yard. Actually, I couldn't see the ball at all when he hit it.

~T

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
Final score 11-10. Didn't Dennis Hopper call this game in Speed ? Oooh, Exciting huh Jack?
Tim McCarver: "We saw Bonds hit a ball further in Yankee Stadium this year." McCaver, you're an asshole.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Tim McCarver: "We saw Bonds hit a ball further in Yankee Stadium this year." McCaver, you're an asshole.
You know what's funny about this? I was just reading that line (didn't hear it live) and as I read the end I was thinking "what an ass for saying that!" and then I read the end of your line. :D
Oh yeah, well my dad can beat up your dad!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Troy Percival said that the World Series baseballs were the hardest baseballs he had encountered (offering an excuse to why so many homers were being hit in the WS so far).

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Troy Percival said that the World Series baseballs were the hardest baseballs he had encountered (offering an excuse to why so many homers were being hit in the WS so far).
That last Bonds homer, would have been a home run if the ball had been a bean bag.

And (to slightly misquote), out of any park, including Yellowstone.

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
Let's see, who might have been the last pitcher who complained about a baseball being too "soft"? Was it Cy Young or Chief Bender?
If there are more homers hit at Pac Bell, then I might begin to question the firmness of the balls.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks