What's new

World Series: Giants Vs Angels (1 Viewer)

Mitty

Supporting Actor
I'm thrilled for both teams. Those who were tired of Yankees/Braves baseball in October have certainly gotten what they wanted. This is definitely a fresh matchup.
A team (or in the case of the Giants, a city) will win its first World Series. Having lived in Toronto in the early 90s, I can attest to how thrilling that is.
Two weeks ago, I would've picked the Giants in this matchup. Now I'm not so sure. Anaheim has pounded both of their opponents. Plus each team has a long layoff before the series starts.
I'll just take a wild guess and say San Francisco in 6.

Henry C

Stunt Coordinator
I respectfully disagree. The Angels are a team of destiny. They will win it. I am usually a Dodger fan, so I would like nothing less than to deny Bonds and the Giants a chance at a ring. The fact that the Angels will win it instead is just a bonus.

Henry

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
The Anaheim Angels in five. I don't think the Giants even have what it takes nor the desire to win as bad as the Angels do. I said it before, the winner of the American League would take it.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Thats cool for the last 2 weeks I had to listen to Braves fans say how they were a TOD them CArd fans telling me the same so cool .....you aint the guys in PinStipe (THANK GAWD!!!) But LA still sucks(gotta say that I live in SF)
Good luck, it'll be a great series and NO EARTHQUAKES THIS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Party in the city tonight and the state tommorrow!

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I don't think the Giants even have what it takes nor the desire to win as bad as the Angels do.
really? the giants haven't won a world series since 1954, and that was in new york. they may not be as talented as the angels, but i'm damn sure they've got the heart. i haven't been following the angels at all, but i'd give the giants at least a bit of a chance. GO GIANTS!

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
I'll usually prefer the NL but I'm now an Angels fan! I really like this team from top to bottom. And heck, who can't like:
Das Rally Monkey!

Link Removed

Phil L

Supporting Actor
I really wanted Twins vs. St. Louis.

I think the Angels will win. The angels starting pitching is adequate, their bullpen is terrific, and their offense is extremely versatile.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
Go Giants. Angels look tough at the plate, but the Giants definitely have the pitching advantage.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Okay, then who's the "home" team?

Anyhoo, I say Angels take it in 6 games. Can't go against the Rally Monkey!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Actually, they rotate home-field advantage; I believe the AL has in even-numbered years, so games 1, 2, 6, and 7 would be played at The Big A (with the DH) and games 3, 4, and 5 at PacBell (without).

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
During inter-league play, SF made Bonds DH, so maybe now, they could do that again and put Goodwin in left field.

Maybe the angels will take the series, but with SF performance against STL and ATL, they will not let the Angels take it without earning it.

At least its a West Coast Series this year.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
SF has better pitching? :confused:
Wow I strongly disagree there. After Jason Schmidt all the Giants starters are junk ball throwers. I couldn't believe how many bad balls in the dirt and way outside the strike zone that the Braves and Cardinals Hitters kept chasing. That is the # 1 reason why the Giants beat the Braves and Cardinals. The Angel hitters have been very disciplined against the Yankee and Twin pitchers if this continues they will take the series in 5 or 6 games. Regardless I would take any of the Angel Starters except for Appier over any of the Giant starters. Barry Bonds will choke as he always does in the post season. I mean hes got what one home run that actually meant something this post season.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I like the Angels in 6.

The Angels had something like a top 5 ERA for piching and were also in the top 5 in team batting average. They are a darn good baseball team. I think the Angels bats are just too strong right now and will prevail in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks