What's new

World of Warcraft (1 Viewer)

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Oh well, it would have been cool to play with someone from the HTF. Stop going Alliance everyone. :)

At least Blizzard gave the players in the affected servers 5 days extra on their accounts.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I looked at my account history over the weekend and I've been given a total of 13 free days already and that doesn't include the lastest 5 days that we're supposed to receive. While it's nice that we've been given these, it also shows how many problems they've been having.

I might end up creating a Horde character on Lightbringer. I typically like playing the role of underdog and I am getting a little tired of Alliance. I just wish that there was some way to transfer money.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Gadgetzan Auction House. The Horde character puts up a crappy item for whatever amount of money you want to transfer. Give a trusted Alliance friend the gold and have them buyout the item. Your Horde character now has money in the mail. The downside is the auction house takes a fee. Transfer 100 gold, you'll get 85. You need a friend to buyout the item because you can't bid on your own auctions.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Hmmm, never thought of that Rob. The problem would be trying to get my noob Horde character to Gadgetzan. This would work well for higher level characters but I need the gold to help get my new characters started. I might have to give it a try just for the challenge of getting a level 6 or so to Gadget. :D

Diallo B

Screenwriter
is anyone having trouble logging on today. i can't log on to my server or to the community site?

i'm frustrated. i have quests to complete and need to level up in blacksmithing.

Kami

Screenwriter
Yeah there's been a big downtime today because of the patch. Was supposed to be back up like 6 hours ago...sill no dice.

I am suffering withdrawal.

Got my guy up to level 32 now. I am leveling up to to 40 as quick as I can...I want that mount so bad. :D I've been saving gold since I started. :emoji_thumbsup:

The world blizzard has created is damn immersive. I was recently doing the Duskwood quests and damn that place is creepy. On a PvP server too so you encounter a lot high level Horde. The funny thing is I don't even mind being ganked that much. I like the intensity of PvP.

A couple days ago I wandered into the basement of the abandoned inn at Raven Hill and I found a group of 5 horde sitting there (literally SITTING in the game), and they must have all been AFK or something because I escaped....and of course alerted all other players in the area then stayed around to watch the massacre, but like 3 of them escaped on mounts.

Cool stuff.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
ok, well at least it isn't just me. i was getting pissed. i guess that i just need to be patient.

i am on the horde side. i have a lvl 23 orc hunter. i also can't wait to get to 40. i can only wear leather right now but when i get to 40 i can wear mail and then get my mount!

i wish that it was up. this is one of the only evenings i could get some good playing time in.

is there anywhere i can check for status updates that you know about?

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Which realm are you on, Diallo? Good to see more Horde.

I really hope the servers are up in a couple of hours because after tonight I won't be able to play for about 5 days.

I'm also trying to get to 40 quickly, but have no higher armour to look forward to. I'll always be a cloth wearer. :)

Diallo B

Screenwriter
nick, i am on azrol-nerub or something like that. it is a pve server. i am thinking about starting a rogue with a friend of mine on stormscale which is a pvp server.

are you a preist or something??? cloth sux major ass! i can barely get in a good melee now without being bailed out. if someone/thing powerful is inside of my bow range, meaning too close, i am toast if i am soloing.

STRENGTH & HONOR!

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
nah, i'm a Mage. I've tried other classes and its the class I truly have fun with. Don't worry it certainly has its perks, like killing people within 10seconds. If i'm in trouble, frost nova+blink can work wonders. :)

However sometimes I feel like a damn vending machine with people asking for water.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I'm actually on Lightbringer, as an Undead.

Water is for mana regeneration. Most people ask mages because we are the only class that can conjure it and as your lvl gets higher the vendors can get quite pricey.

Servers are still down :frowning:. It has to be just as frustrating for Blizzard as it is for us. Every other day its either troubles with their forums or the servers come down.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Crafting professions are pretty much a waste of time and gold. I am a 260 Blacksmith and looking back at it, I really wish that I had just chosen another gathering profession instead. I made a decent amount of money off of it at the lower levels but the higher level stuff costs more to make than what you can sell it for. Each piece also requires at least one ingredient that's very difficult to acquire. I stopped at 260 once I could make the Truesilver Champion.

Nick - I created an Undead Priest the other day on Lightbringer and got him up to level 9. Thought that I would try a shadow priest to see how I like it. Not much variety so far (smite, smite, smite, etc.) but I'm curious to see how it is at higher levels and I'm enjoying the new area.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
tim, what profession do you think would have been better. i started off with herbalism, thought about switching to skinning and went with mining. i figured that sooner or later i would make more money making mail and plate armor or really nice weapons.

in your opinion what would be better?

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Servers are down again? I got on late last night but only had a chance to check my mail from the auction house and put my spells etc in the new buttons added to the UI.

What is your handle for the priest, Tim? I'll add you to friends and might catch you online sometime. Unfortunately i'll be away for the next five days for the long easter weekend.

I originally went with Herbalism/Alchemy but the potions (at least at my level) didn't sell very well. So i've taken up Mining/Skinning, the collection professions rake in the money. As soon as my character is at a higher level (and I get my mount) i'll probably switch back to Herb/Alchemy and make some useful potions.

Collection Professions = Money

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I'd go with mining/skinning. Lots of gold to be had there. The sad fact about blacksmithing is that people just don't buy crafted weapons/armor. Sure, there's a few blue items that are worthwhile, but probably 90% aren't.

Nick - My priest is named Yuck. :) That's just what I thought of when I saw him. I don't know how much time I'll put into him since my guild's on the Alliance side, but I'm enjoying him for now.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
if you have mining and skinning you can't make anything. so i assume you do all of the gathering and then sell items at the auction house. is this correct?

i finally got on last night. i am a little confused about the so called new ui. looks and operates the same to me.

i am pissed that my hunter is less powerful now. i can definitely tell a difference.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Join the club. I hate seeing nerfs of any class. I will say however that I think that hunters were very powerful. I've done a lot of duoing with my friend who has a hunter. His pet always outdamaged my Pally and his crits were huge compared to mine. Major damage with him and his pet combined.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks