What's new

"Working" starring Fred Savage (1 Viewer)

t_smitts

Grip
Real Name
Todd Smitts
Think we'll ever see it? The first season was actually quite good before they tried to fix what wasn't broken in the season.

This is one I'd buy, though semi-successful 90's sitcoms aren't exactly a hot commodity. Though the fact that even the US version of "Men Behaving Badly" with Rob Schneider was get a DVD release is encouraging. ("Men..." was much cruder but aired around the same time and lasted about as long, a bit less, in fact).

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I don't remember how long this series lasted (2 or 3 seasons?) but I remember there was a great episode where Danica McKellar guest-starred. I'd probably buy a season set for that one episode alone.

t_smitts

Grip
Real Name
Todd Smitts

The show lasted not quite 2 full seasons. The first season was golden but a number of changes in the 2nd season really hurt the show: A number of cast members were replaced and the show was moved from Monday to Wednesday to make room for a then-new series called "Will & Grace" (which I never took to, BTW)

And for the record Danica actually did 2 guest spots on the show, playing a girl Fred's character sleeps with before finding out she's his boss' daughter. NBC cancelled the show before her 2nd appearance (which I never saw) and another network (USA, I think) aired the remaining episodes.

Beau

Supporting Actor
I LOVED this show (the first season anyways). I'd totally pick it up if released. That first Danica McKellar episode was definately the best episode I remember. I havent thought about this show for quite a while.

Chris Joyner

Stunt Coordinator
I'd love to see this on DVD, too. Dana Gould is hilarious. Speaking of mid-late 90's sitcoms, I'd also love to see "The Single Guy" with Jonathon Silverman. Anybody remember that one?

John*D

Second Unit
I enjoyed this series. I'd buy a complete series set! Bring it on...

Working in a coal mine...

LCD22

Screenwriter
I've been waiting for a release for "Working". I would buy both seasons. "Working" also had a great pilot episode.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
US Men Behaving Badly can come to DVD this certainly should as it was superior.

paul_austin

Second Unit
great show ...I still have the episode on sexual harrasment in the workplace on tape somewhere...great episode

LCD22

Screenwriter
I wonder when we'll see this on DVD. It's been on my mind lately and I would love to see it again. Has anyone heard any news yet?

Obner

Auditioning
Real Name
PaulL
I tought by now (10 years later) the show would have been commercially released since it doesn't have that pesky music rights issue "The Wonder Years" has but it's not looking likely it will ever see the light of day.

I waited and waited and finally during X-mas break, I cracked and worked on my own set.

Back in the day, I used to run the only fansite for the show so I recorded all the episodes (unaired ones included) in SP mode. Also, interviews with behind the scenes footage and talk show appearances (mostly from Fred) are included aswell.

So, If you're still on the lookout for a good quality set, PM / email me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks