working at future shop?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by PeterK, Nov 12, 2004.

1. PeterK

PeterK Supporting Actor

I was told that you have to be at least 18 to work at future shop. Is this true? I am only 17 at the moment so if that's the case you can just ingore the rest of this.

There is an online application that I believe involves some sort of test/quiz. If someone has or has had a job at a similar establishment and knows what kind of question will be asked and what kind of answers are prefered, that would probably help me out quite a bit. If I do get a job there, it will probably be only for the holidays but it would still be good experience. Also, do they require a resume with the application or do most places just ask for that afterwards if they are thinking about hiring you?

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

This isn't a Basics area-type question. Hence its relocation to this area.

3. Jason Kirkpatri

Jason Kirkpatri Second Unit

Make an impression. Go down to your local store with a resume in hand and speak directly with the store manager.

Nothing like distinguishing yourself from the hoards of other run of the mill applicants.

4. James T

James T Screenwriter

The questions they ask are personality questions. Stuff like "If you see someone steal, what would you do?". Then there's similar stuff like "If you confront an employee stealing and their response is that they need the money for rent, and will pay back on their next paycheck, does it make a difference?"

It's a lot of moral questions.
    I think Bestbuy(when they started opening) had a telephone interview right away. That was differnt because they asked a few technical questions regarding various products. My friend was asked to try and upsell a namebrand toaster and compare it with other brands. He knew nothing about toasters, so he was quickly written off their considerations.

As for the age....I'm not quite sure. I know videostores require you to be 18 because of the R-rated material. And since Futureshop sells R-rated movies, it might apply to them as well. There was an exception, and if the manager really likes a candidate, they can get approval from head office (at least when I worked at Rogers).