Word XP question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay H, Dec 19, 2002.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Have a picture in a document, it's not a native WordArt picture and I had to modify it slightly. So basically, I put a text box on top of the word in the picture, but when I print it out or do a "print preview" the text box (Word Art) disappears. How do I either Merge the two into one layer or how do I get Word to print out both items. It appears find using the Print Layout mode but when I print it, it disappears.

I've tried to send the textbox to the front and the picture to the back, it doesn't do anything. Sometimes it'll even make everything disappear. Anybody know how to merge the two layers into one or get the text box to print?

Jay

2. Andrew Chong

Andrew Chong Supporting Actor

After you click the 'Tools' menu, then 'Options', ensure 'Drawing objects' is checked on under 'Include with document' in the 'Print' tab.

3. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Thanks Andrew, that was it.. Now that you mentioned it, I vaguely remember turning it off because I wanted to print quicker. Those huge images print so slowly on our network I turned it off at one point... Guess I forgot to turn that back on...[​IMG]
    Jay