What's new

Woot! Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers(EA) gold (1 Viewer)

Jay_Sharp

Stunt Coordinator
Shipping Oct 22. That's almost a full month early. Definetly picking this one up.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Fingers crossed this turns out to be a good EA movie tie in. I am still a tad worried, and a tad sad too as the Gamecube version looks to be pushed to 2003 so if it IS good, I will got for the PS2 incarnation as what with me getting quickly excited for Dec 18th this will only keep me in good spirits over the holiday season.

I heard IGNs TT game interview gave a rather high praise of the game's atmosphere and visuals? I certainly am impressed by the scale and detail I have seen in various trailers for the game, and I am glad they use Howard Shore's music (from FOTR, not expecting any of his TT music here) for the in game stuff. I'm certainly hoping...

Dan

PS: Edited the thread title to reflect the game's full name.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I thought this game was PS2 exclusive? On that note, what is the deal with all of these different LOTR games? I can't keep them all straight :)

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Did anyone not see the in-game footage that was included on the LotR 2-Disc DVD release?

Maybe it's just me but I thought it looked horrible.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Chris, I've seen an in store game demo (unplayable) running and it looks even smoother and more detailed than the early footage used in the DVD trailer.

I thought this game was PS2 exclusive?
No the Gamecube version was revealed by IGN sometime after the PS2 one was announced, and EAs and Nintendos site listed it for Cube but have subsequently removed all notice of it coming. Apparently it will hit in 2003 with EA people continue to hint it's coming on their Two Towers forum.

Dan

Jason Guardiano

Stunt Coordinator
No PC version :frowning:
I wouldn't mind if they delayed the PC version till next year but they just panned it :thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread