What's new

Woot!! Home Movies: Season 1 on DVD - 11/16!! (1 Viewer)

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Finally, another of my holy grails of independant animation is coming to DVD. I love this show on Adult Swim, and was hoping we'd hear something about a DVD release soon. And it seems that someone else was listening to all those hopes, as Shout! Factory has picked up Home Movies for DVD release. Home Movies rocks, even if the animation is a bit amatuer for most peoples tastes. I think it fits the show well, and can't wait to own this on DVD. Thanks to TVShowsonDVD for the news. :)
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1881
http://brendonsmall.com/homemovies.html

Rick P

Supporting Actor
ok.. it's time for an email flood to SHOUT FACTORY..

DR KATZ!
DR KATZ!
DR KATZ!
DR KATZ!
DR KATZ!
DR KATZ!
DR KATZ!
DR KATZ!

JasonBrown

Stunt Coordinator
No kidding re: Dr. Katz. I've talked with the producer or director (Niki Herbert) several years back, and it seems that Soup2Nuts didn't have the rights to it any longer..... An email to Shout! couldn't hurt though.

Jon B NY

Stunt Coordinator
Seriously...there's so many damn DVDs and video games coming out in the Holiday season that I can't wait till 12-25 to recieve! Like this bad boy comes out Nov 16th...there's no way I can wait a month and a half to have this! Between this, and at least 10 more DVDs. And then the new Grand Theft Auto, Halo and Unreal games...I'm going to spend jsut as much money on myself as I am everyond else! Youch!

Chris Wagner

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent, excellent news!

My wife and I have been sooo depressed since the final episode of the series aired a few months back.

This show was so clever. It's bound to be one of those overlooked classics similar to how Freaks and Geeks, and Family Guy were given proper credit after their DVD release.

Home Movies is at the very top of my TV on DVD wish list.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Comedy Central owns 'Dr. Katz' outright (which makes it all the frustrating that they won't run at least one episode per week late-night). Viacom owns Comedy Central.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Fantastic series. I had no idea this past new season of episodes was the last. How could they???

At least we'll have the DVDs.

Tim_Prasuhn

Stunt Coordinator
Oh thank God. It's about time. The best show Adult Swim ever aired, or at least the smartest. I'll definitly be picking this up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks