What's new

Woot Daily Deals (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Ditto what Jason said. I've ordered quite a few items from woot, and I've never had ANY sort of problem. (Here's hoping I didn't just jinx myself by posting that! LOL!)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
InFocus 61-inch Thin Display DLP TV Bundle
PLUS!
The Ultimate Matrix Collection
$2,499.99

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
My Sony MD player is taking awhile to get here, but it should arrive tomorrow.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Random Crap
which each cost$1.00
for a subtotal of $1.00
plus shipping $5.00
for a total of$6.00
;)

EDIT: All 4500 sold in less than 3 hours!
THE HOLY CRAP COMMANDMENTS v2.0:
I. Thou shalt expect nothing beyond one bag of some kind and your chosen quantity of crappy items (which should be THREE).
II. Thou shalt not whine and complain when some people’s crap turns out to be nicer than yours.
III. Thou shalt take a moment to consider whether you might be better off just not buying this crap.
IV. Thou shalt not order just one crap and blame it on anything but your own inattention.
V. To paraphrase Stephen Stills, shalt thou not get the crap you want, want the crap you get.
Warranty: you wish

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
InFocus 50” Ultra-Thin DLP High Definition TV

which each cost$1,999.99

for a subtotal of$1,999.99

plus shipping$5.00

for a total of$2,004.99

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Bose TriPort Headphones
$119.99

"Serious music lovers know: the teeny-weeny earbud look is out; the deejay / shooting range look is in.
Like every brand name with any notoriety, Bose has hatas. Check our forums for schmoes who suppose if it’s Bose, then it blows. In our humble opinion, such schmoes suppose erroneously. You won’t find phones like these at this price anywhere else. Probably.
"

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
There's a whole message board at Woot.com for people to "strut their crap". I'm not (yet) a Woot customer, but I found it hilarious to read through and see what everyone got. Generally everyone had the same 2-3 items, then there would be one completely off-the-wall item, some of which had me ROTFL.
And one person did get one of the InFocus 50” Ultra-Thin DLP High Definition TV's as part of his box, as well. The TV wouldn't fit in the box, so Woot included a handwritten note saying, "Sorry, your 3rd crap wouldn't fit in this box," then delivered it separately. Not bad for $8.
Some other people got some nice items, too. BUT...you do need to be aware that the crap is really crap for the most part (used CDR's, broken CD-RW drives, cheap/broken items). This must be cheaper than carting the stuff to a landfill. :D

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
InFocus 61” DLP HDTV
w/ Accessory Kit and Surge Protector
which each cost$2,499.99
for a subtotal of$2,499.99
plus shipping$5.00
for a total of$2,504.99

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
I saw a model of this TV, 61MD10, at a local dealer and it looked fantastic! They had it "On Sale" for $6,000.

If I had even the slightest need for this I'd pull the trigger on that woot in a heart beat. InFocus are selling these at a huge loss in order to clear their iventory. When they first built this marvelous light engine last year and developed this model with RCA, it was supposed to be their introduction into the RPTV market.

Unfortunately the design was so complex and costly to build, they had to sell them with an MSRP of ~$10,000 in order to try and turn a decent profit, but they failed to market the product well with custom installers, and it was too pricey for the general consumer market, and thus they never sold. Now InFocus is calling it quits on RPTV's for now, and this is why this model is available now at ridiculously lower prices from than earlier this.

If you are on the fence you should definetely try and find one locally to look at. I suspect it will be worth the effort.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
InFocus 61" DLP Ultra-Thin HDTV with Accessory Kit
which each cost$2,499.99
for a subtotal of$2,499.99
plus shipping$5.00
for a total of$2,504.99

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
For those who may have been interested in that InFocus 61MD10 ScreenPlay 61" HD DLP RPTV:
[c]
_InFocus_ScreenPlay_61-22_DLP_HDTV-detail.jpg
[/c]
But missed the one day sale(s), WOOT has a hidden link so that you can order one at any time! Well... until they completely sell out of course.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Hey, though: we don't recommend this unit for video. It's kinda, like, OK in a pinch, we guess…but not something we'd spend seven c-notes on just for teevee watchin'. The LP120 is a stone righteous computer graphics projector – using it to watch movies would be like Michael Jordan trying to play baseball.
While the thread is revived...
From the Christmas Day "Bag Of Crap" offering (each BOC $1, up to 3 per buyer, plus the standard $5 shipping for the lot), I received:
A large, fuzzy, empty Christmas stocking
A "Panda Express" stuffed panda bear
A "Fact Or Crap" 2006 desk calendar
and
...drum roll...
a Virgin Pulse CD/MP3 disc player, complete with earbuds and remote control...in perfect working order (has a VERY slight cosmetic blemish).
A very nice companion to the Virgin BoomTube EX portable speaker system I got from woot a while back...it goes to 11! (Literally. You've just GOTTA respect that minor detail. Plus, the thing really rocks.)
Long live woot! I look forward to just reading their totally hilarious product descriptions every day...they don't pull any punches, and the writers have some serious comedic writing talent.
Who else could convince thousands of people to take a gamble and spend their hard-earned money on totally unknown "Bags Of Crap"?!? Or to stay up until midnight (Central Time) every night just to check out the daily woot? :D

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
condition:
Refurbished
product(s):
1 LG Progressive Scan DVD Player with HD Upconversion - DVB418
$59.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread