What's new

WOOHOO!!! SVS for me in October (1 Viewer)

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I brought this up to no fruition several months ago on this forum. I do not at all mean to want to compare forums here, or thread fart, but it is something that bothers me that continues happening. I much prefer self-policing, but excited threads are pure bandwagon excitement, IMO.

As an owner of an SVS, I can testify to the fact that they are indeed *excellent* subwoofers, and superb value products. But one should not, in essence, dump praise on products based merely on my, or anyone else's word. Once the product arrives, and you can test it, and are thus satisfied, please by all means write up useful threads about how it might compare to other products. But otherwise, I don't feel that self-congratulatory threads are at all useful.

As a long-time member of both forums, and a frequent poster in both places, certainly there is a different feel between forums, but each has their pros and cons. Very often I find myself linking excellent threads from one forum to another, and vice versa, due to the strengths and coverages of each, and I feel this can be quite helpful.

That all being said, Tony you made a good choice on your product, as I'm sure you will see, hear, and feel, when it arrives. I don't want to deflate your excitement, because I too was very excited when I was waiting for my SVS. You will enjoy it. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks