WooHoo! My DLS 10 is on it's way

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim Williams, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Jim Williams

Jim Williams Second Unit

I just found out that my DLS 10 is being shipped today. I should get it by Friday. What a great company PartsExpress is. They deliver on what they promise ahead of time.

Now, is anyone interested in buying a slightly used Sony SA-WM20?

2. Jeff-Watson

Jeff-Watson Stunt Coordinator

Excellent! When did you order? I ordered one about a week ago and have yet to receive any e-mail saying it was shipping out. I did call today but they said they still haven't received the shipment of subs yet. Sounds good for you though!!

3. Jim Williams

Jim Williams Second Unit

The order was placed on the 14th. I really wasn't expecting it to be shipped until the 30th but on a whim I called and they told me that it is shipping today.

4. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

If anyone else is interested in this sub but doesn't want to wait for PE, they are selling on ebay for the same price as PE.

5. Jeff-Watson

Frank,

Those selling on Ebay are backordered as well. I was going to purchase one. I e-mailed the seller and he said that his supplier (Parts Express) was out of stock but that he expected them to be in at the end of January. Parts express has one or two for auction as well but there is a disclaimer stating that items my not be in stock at auction end.

6. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

Jeff,

Thanks for the correction. I just assummed that if there was an auction for the product, the seller would have it available.

7. Jeff-Watson

It seems to be more common on Ebay now than ever to sell products stocked through other suppliers. Not good business for an auction I think but thats just my opinion. Thats why the first thing I do before bidding is check the users feedback. Any delay in shipment usually shows up in negative feedback form.

8. KelvinMc

KelvinMc Auditioning

I'm sure there are others that will be very interested to see if they really did ship it to you. From what I gathered there are some who ordered before the 14th that still hasn't shipped yet (I'm one of them). When I read your post I called to check on my order and mentioned to them what had happened. The CS rep and his supervisor checked into it and told me that no subs had been shipped in a while. If you do get it Friday please let us know!!!

Thanks

9. Jim Williams

Jim Williams Second Unit

I ordered the DLS knowing full well that it probably would not be until February before I would get it. If it arrives sooner, great, if it arrives later, well...good things are worth waiting for.

10. Reginald Trent

Reginald Trent Screenwriter

What's the total price of the DLS shipped?

11. Jim Williams

Jim Williams Second Unit

For me it was $116. If you want to figure out how much shipping is for you, PE has a little shipping charges chart that is very handy.

12. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

From PE it is $99.80 plus $12 to $31 shipping. $31 being the extreme over to the west coast. Still worth it imo.

13. Jim Williams

Jim Williams Second Unit

OK, I just got updated information from PE. It seems like someone jumped the gun when he told me that it would ship. Apparently they got in some of the subs but they were defective. A new shipment is due in tomorrow.

14. Jim Williams

Jim Williams Second Unit

This time it really is on the way, I have a tracking number!

15. matt_kelty

matt_kelty Agent

how does that sub sound??? has anyone heard it or know what it compares 2

Thanks

16. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Matt I would compare it to a Sony WM-40 for HT. To me it sounds just a little tighter. You might say it has a little more authority in its ability but it is very close. I like the look myself much better. For music I would give the DLS more of a advantage yet. I think the cost helps it sound better to???[​IMG]

17. Jose G

Jose G Supporting Actor

Cost sure helped me a lot[​IMG]

Jim, let us know what you think as soon as you've had some time to let it thump a little.

18. matt_kelty

matt_kelty Agent

Steve, thanks for the info.

jim,

as soon as you get a chance please do give us your review.

19. DavidLC

DavidLC Agent

How's it working out ???????????????????

20. Jim Williams

Jim Williams Second Unit

I haven't gotten it yet. It is due to arrive on Monday 17. Unfortunately in my part of the US we are in the middle of a bad ice storm so I may not actually get to see it until Tuesday. Sigh!