What's new

WOOHOO! I think I figured my sub out! Please check! (1 Viewer)

tom_furman

Stunt Coordinator
Ok...last night I sat the directions for Adire's CAD and read for literally 4 hours last night.
For my 15" Tempest Adire recomends 8 cubic feet of space. That equals 226.56 leters. So when I'm building it I'm planning on mounting my amp flush like Warrick so I must and make the tub a bit taller, to compensate for the space it takes up in the tube, right?
Anyway Adire also recomends using 2 4" ports. So I pluggged that all in (two 4" ports, 12" long). I would prefer to use one bigger port but I can't find any flared ports bigger than 4"
Would I be able to get say a 15" grill and cover them both?
My favor (Tom begs mercifully) is if you guys would let me e-mail you my .box file so you can check out all the graphs to make sure things look ok. I checked out http://www.quux.net/roo/diy/sonosub/
and read his info and my pics look pretty much like his but I just want to make ausre before I embark on my journey.
Once again...PLEASE..this is too important for me to mess up!

Hey Tom,

I saw a website a while back that had a Sub with a 15" or 18" Blueprint driver. Anyway, they had a 6" port that used 6" PVC and some commercially made flares. You might want to post a question about where to find the flares.

Good luck!

Chris

tom_furman

Stunt Coordinator
here are the updated stats:
Box
Vol 230
Qa 100
Ql 15
Fill 15%
Port
Length 40cm (16")
Area 81.07 sq cm (12.56")
Diamater 10.16cm (4")
# ports 2
Res freq 20.08Hz
Driver
15" Adire Tempest
Additional Details
-3Db points: 28.73 Hz 168.35 Hz
What does that last part mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks