Woohoo: Austin Powers 3 has been given the green light!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Travis Hedger, Sep 6, 2001.

1. Travis Hedger

Travis Hedger Supporting Actor

2. Mitty

Mitty Supporting Actor

I think more appropriately, Mike Myers has given the greenlight, not New Line. If Myers had agreed right away, I'm sure New Line would have announced Part 3 on Monday morning after AP2's opening weekend. What will New Line tell us next, that they didn't greenlight it right away because they didn't feel the script was good enough? [​IMG]

3. Tom-G

Tom-G Screenwriter

I'm not sure what to think. I loved the first one and absolutely hated The Spy Who Shagged Me.
    I already like the title, AUSTIN POWERS 3: GOLDMEMBER [​IMG]
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    [Edited last by Tom_G on September 06, 2001 at 06:03 PM]

4. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

I thought the first one was the better movie, as in it flowed, had a decent storyline, and was very funny.
    There were parts of the second one that just had me rolling on the ground, but it wasn't a movie in the sense that the first one was. It was more like a series of gags loosely tied together.
    Still, I will eagerly await the third installment. Wonder what the title song would be like (if they followed the 007 method of turning their titles into the opening credit song)...Goldmember... [​IMG]

5. JamesCS

JamesCS Stunt Coordinator

Finally, some people who agree as I do that the first Austin Powers was better than the second. It seems everyone I know liked the second one much better. At last, my sanity has been restored.

6. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

7. Kirk Tsai

Kirk Tsai Screenwriter

I have no idea if the third film will be any good, but the title is funny as hell, much better than the previous two. Just imagine someone singing Gooooollldmeeeembbbbeerr!.

8. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I too thought the first one was superior. The second one was an AWFUL movie in every way. Not only did it seem like 90% of the jokes were recycled from the first one, but the new jokes were not funny at all and the plot... I don't remember the plot. It was embarrassingly bad. Also, Fat Bastard and Mini-Me weren't funny at all.
    I liked the first one a lot though... maybe a third one could be good.
    /Mike
    ------------------

9. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

I just hope this doesn't turn into the Klumps, with Mike playing 20 different roles. Sounds like he's going to already be playing Austin, Dr. Evil, Fat Bastard and Goldmember. That's more than enough.
    ------------------

10. Francois Caron

Francois Caron Cinematographer

Francois Caron
    As long as Verne Troyer is back, that's all that matters. There's probably nothing better to spice up a movie than a demented homocidal height-challenged evil clone! [​IMG]
    ------------------
    The Milnoc
    News, Views, DVD Reviews.

11. Danny Knapp

Danny Knapp Stunt Coordinator

Yes! As soon as I read the news a few days ago, I sent an email to two dozen of my friends informing them of the upcoming film. It sounds like it will be a really good movie! I can't wait to see it!
    ------------------
    I dislike Tom Green!

12. Rob_J

Rob_J Stunt Coordinator

I don't know what to say about The Spy Who Shagged Me being better than the first, all I know is that Dr. Evil ("I didn't go to school for 7 years to be called Mr.") is the funniest part of both movies.
    I hope the next movie has just as much Dr. Evil in it, I don't really like the Austin Powers character as much. Actually, I think Austin Powers was my least favorite character in AP 2. Fat bastard and Mufassa (sp?) were much funnier. [​IMG]

13. Nick_Scott

Nick_Scott Second Unit

I found that AP2 is extremely enjoyable if you simply skip over all the non-DR Evil scenes.

14. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

This from an article in today's "USA Today"

15. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    I had heard on the radio during a Hollywood report that the guy who played Mini-me had a falling out with Mike M. and he would not be reprising his roll in Goldmember. Also, that auditions were on to find a replacement.
    Can anyone confirm this?
    Peace Out~ [​IMG]
    ------------------
    http://home.earthlink.net/~peregrinefalcon

16. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

I heard about this a few months back because Mike Meyers was getting paid a lot of money to do it. It said that he was the highest paid comedian to do a comedy (referring to Austin Powers 3 deal).

17. Michael St. Clair

Talk about beating a dead horse. This movie might suck. I hope not.
    Mini-me will get old, they should just kill him off at the beginning.
    If Adam Sandler gets more money for a comedy, Mike Myers has been alleged to throw a hissy.
    [Edited last by Michael St. Clair on October 25, 2001 at 03:40 PM]

18. Ben_J_L

Ben_J_L Stunt Coordinator

yeh