What's new

Woohoo: Austin Powers 3 has been given the green light! (1 Viewer)

Mitty

Supporting Actor
I think more appropriately, Mike Myers has given the greenlight, not New Line. If Myers had agreed right away, I'm sure New Line would have announced Part 3 on Monday morning after AP2's opening weekend. What will New Line tell us next, that they didn't greenlight it right away because they didn't feel the script was good enough?
laugh.gif

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I'm not sure what to think. I loved the first one and absolutely hated The Spy Who Shagged Me.
I already like the title, AUSTIN POWERS 3: GOLDMEMBER
laugh.gif

------------------
ep2.jpg

[Edited last by Tom_G on September 06, 2001 at 06:03 PM]

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I thought the first one was the better movie, as in it flowed, had a decent storyline, and was very funny.
There were parts of the second one that just had me rolling on the ground, but it wasn't a movie in the sense that the first one was. It was more like a series of gags loosely tied together.
Still, I will eagerly await the third installment. Wonder what the title song would be like (if they followed the 007 method of turning their titles into the opening credit song)...Goldmember...
biggrin.gif

JamesCS

Stunt Coordinator
Finally, some people who agree as I do that the first Austin Powers was better than the second. It seems everyone I know liked the second one much better. At last, my sanity has been restored.

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Finally, some people who agree as I do that the first Austin Powers was better than the second
Man, you should come around my parts -- I can hardly find a single one of my friends who regards the second film as superior. Only some cronies at my workplace consider the second film better, but only because it's new.
rolleyes.gif

I can only imagine how bad this one will be. Guess I'll find out when the tell-all trailer hits.
Jason
------------------
Link Removed
[email protected] ICQ: 16733922 I Am Jack's DVD List
"Look, I'm Mrs. Hitler!" Rat Race
Film Critic, Link Removed

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
I have no idea if the third film will be any good, but the title is funny as hell, much better than the previous two. Just imagine someone singing Gooooollldmeeeembbbbeerr!.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I too thought the first one was superior. The second one was an AWFUL movie in every way. Not only did it seem like 90% of the jokes were recycled from the first one, but the new jokes were not funny at all and the plot... I don't remember the plot. It was embarrassingly bad. Also, Fat Bastard and Mini-Me weren't funny at all.
I liked the first one a lot though... maybe a third one could be good.
/Mike
------------------

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I just hope this doesn't turn into the Klumps, with Mike playing 20 different roles. Sounds like he's going to already be playing Austin, Dr. Evil, Fat Bastard and Goldmember. That's more than enough.
------------------

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
As long as Verne Troyer is back, that's all that matters. There's probably nothing better to spice up a movie than a demented homocidal height-challenged evil clone!
laugh.gif

------------------
The Milnoc
News, Views, DVD Reviews.

Danny Knapp

Stunt Coordinator
Yes! As soon as I read the news a few days ago, I sent an email to two dozen of my friends informing them of the upcoming film. It sounds like it will be a really good movie! I can't wait to see it!
------------------
I dislike Tom Green!

Rob_J

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know what to say about The Spy Who Shagged Me being better than the first, all I know is that Dr. Evil ("I didn't go to school for 7 years to be called Mr.") is the funniest part of both movies.
I hope the next movie has just as much Dr. Evil in it, I don't really like the Austin Powers character as much. Actually, I think Austin Powers was my least favorite character in AP 2. Fat bastard and Mufassa (sp?) were much funnier. :)

Michael*K

Screenwriter
This from an article in today's "USA Today"
10/25/2001*-*Updated*12:48 PM*ET
Movie Kernels
By Melissa Worden, USATODAY.com
Cinematic scoop
New Line Cinema
Mike Myers is the International Man of Mystery.
Get ready for a shagadellic showstopper. Goldmember, the third installment of the wildly-popular psychedelic superspy series, is planned to hit the big screen on July 26, 2002, says New Line Cinema. The International Man of Mystery, Mike Myers, who starred in the first two Austin Powers films, is on board for the third rendition.
Myers may be joined by Oscar winner Michael Caine and Beyonce Knowles of Destiny's Child, who are in advanced negotiations for parts in the film, according to Hollywood Reporter. If the deal goes through, R&B sensation Knowles would be making her feature film debut as the new Powers Girl (previously portrayed by Heather Graham and Elizabeth Hurley). Other familiar characters, including Mini-Me, Dr. Evil's son Scott, and Number 2, are expected to reappear. Groovy, baby!
patriot.gif

------------------
--Mike
Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I had heard on the radio during a Hollywood report that the guy who played Mini-me had a falling out with Mike M. and he would not be reprising his roll in Goldmember. Also, that auditions were on to find a replacement.
Can anyone confirm this?
Peace Out~
biggrin.gif

------------------
http://home.earthlink.net/~peregrinefalcon

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I heard about this a few months back because Mike Meyers was getting paid a lot of money to do it. It said that he was the highest paid comedian to do a comedy (referring to Austin Powers 3 deal).

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Talk about beating a dead horse. This movie might suck. I hope not.
Mini-me will get old, they should just kill him off at the beginning.
If Adam Sandler gets more money for a comedy, Mike Myers has been alleged to throw a hissy.
[Edited last by Michael St. Clair on October 25, 2001 at 03:40 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks