What's new

Woody Allen In "King Lear"? (1 Viewer)

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
You bet.
From ShowBiz Data:
Fifteen years after it was completed, Jean-Luc Godard's production of King Lear will finally be released in France on April 15, Britain's Guardian newspaper reported today (Friday). The film, originally backed by Cannon Films before its demise, features appearances by Godard himself as well as Norman Mailer, who co-wrote the adaptation with Godard, Woody Allen and Molly Ringwald.
From IMDB:
Link Removed

Doug D

Stunt Coordinator
actually, I think this is out (or was out) on VHS. I had a friend who saw it. He said it was abysmal.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Peter, don't take this as a cheap shot at you. It isn't intended as one. Funny what a missing comma will do. Makes it look like Mailer co-wrote the film with Godard, Woody Allen, and Molly Ringwald. Who knew she was capable of such work? :D Unless she really did help write it.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
No offfense taken. That's the way it was posted at ShowBiz data! I also had trouble figuring it out at first. By the way, whatever happend to Molly? :D

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
She made a cameo in Not Another Teen Movie. I think she was in a short-lived TV series called Townies a few years ago. More useless knowledge put to use. :)

Coressel

Supporting Actor
I have a tape of this from years ago, and it's a pretty odd little item. I like some of the more bizarre aspects of it, but it's generally not as weird as Godard thinks he was being.

This Godard "project" has very little to do with Shakespeare's play, although a few lines from Lear are there. After seeing it, it made me want to really see B.Meredith play Lear, rather than a modern-dress deconstruction or loose examination of the play.

Woody appears near the end of the film, for about a minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks