What's new

wood veneer bonding? (1 Viewer)

terry j

Auditioning
Please, forgive me for my ignorance on this topic. I read the post about wood veneer and it sounds really interesting.
I have mini monitors in black ash, and was wondering how you guys adhere the wood veneer over the vinyl veneer thats already there. I do have some bonding experience,as I used to work at McDonell Douglas as a plastic worker.( worked with Kevlar,too. Hmmm, Kevlar speaker cones,yeah,thats do-able!) Thanks for any advice. Terry

David A. Frattaroli

Stunt Coordinator
I veneered my diy monitors but am certainly no pro. That said, I wouldn't recommend veneering on anything but a suitable substrate like MDF. There's a great book called "Veneering: A Foundation Course" by Mike Burton. Check it out. It'll have many more answers than I do.
Good luck.

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
You can get pre-glued (stick-on) real wood veneer. As far as applying it over existing vinyl....should work, maybe scuff with rough sandpaper first. As far as glueing goes, you'd have to try it first. I would guess that regular contact cement would affect the vinyl.
Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks