What's new

Pre-Order Won't You Be My Neighbor? (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Not sure what the issue is with Amazon on this, because it seems pretty clear that there WILL be a Blu release of this title.

Best Buy now has a pre-order link with artwork posted on its site (for $19.99).

34237447_sa.jpg

As I noted up in Post #3 of this thread, this is highly recommended by me for ANYONE who feels any affection for Fred Rogers and his work.
I have it listed on the Pre-order Listing with an Amazon link and a September 4th release date as I think he will become available on their site.

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/amazon-pre-orders/

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I took my copy of this out of the mailing envelope and was surprised to see that the cover art was inkjet printed, the way the cover art is for Warner Archive releases. It must have had a relatively small pressing, with Universal just providing copies as retailers order them.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Um, Amazon, to my knowledge (unless some pre-orders were filled, although I pre-ordered it) has never actually had the title in stock. I got e-mails saying they couldn't guarantee a delivery date on release week, then the usual ships in one to four weeks, and if you go to the Blu-ray links you will see it's only available through third-party sellers. Barnes and Noble has it in stock - Amazon has really been kind of inept lately with this stuff.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Um, Amazon, to my knowledge (unless some pre-orders were filled, although I pre-ordered it) has never actually had the title in stock. I got e-mails saying they couldn't guarantee a delivery date on release week, then the usual ships in one to four weeks, and if you go to the Blu-ray links you will see it's only available through third-party sellers. Barnes and Noble has it in stock - Amazon has really been kind of inept lately with this stuff.

Huh. I pre-ordered the title from Amazon (on August 17th) and had it delivered on release day.

Wonder what happened?

An instance where they under-estimated interest?

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Mister Rogers was, to me and my teenage peers back in the day, an effeminate, clownish kiddie show host who couldn't sing a note and who was condescending to even pre-schoolers. He was the subject of jokes among us smart-ass kids way before he was parodied by comedians. We absolutely could not understand the attraction our younger siblings had to this weird man. When I was five or thereabouts, I watched DING DONG SCHOOL and ROMPER ROOM, which were pretty square, but nothing as silly as Rogers.

I almost wish now I could have been a pre-schooler back in the Rogers days, just to have been reassured by this wise and gentle man, helping me through the traumas of growing up by making himself completely transparent and accessible, by showing me that he had been through what I had and was able to survive it, that I was an important little person who would always matter. What I had mistaken for condescension was really his unusually low-key approach to building self-confidence in children, filling in gaps that perhaps parents and teachers had left open without ever aiming a criticism their way.

The man was a one-of-a-kind child-whisperer (literally, in fact), and I doubt that t.v. or any media personality will ever come close to duplicating his softly comforting personality.

R.I.P. to this one-of-a-kind soul, and my preorder for this Blu-ray is in.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
It used to be all the rage to make fun and deride Mr. Rogers. NOW this film comes out and all those and everyone is finally saying, "Oh, he was so wonderful." They made fun of him for years and now he's so wonderful. I'm not directing this at Dick, BTW, because unlike everyone else, he's genuine enough to own up to it, no, I'm aiming it at a whole slew of people who did this relentlessly and who are now acting like they never did it.

Last edited:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
It used to be all the rage to make fun and deride Mr. Rogers. NOW this film comes out and all those and everyone is finally saying, "Oh, he was so wonderful." They made fun of him for years and now he's so wonderful. I'm not directing this at Dick, BTW, because unlike everyone else, he's genuine enough to own up to it, no, I'm aiming it at a whole slew of people who did this relentlessly and who are now acting like they never did it.

Guilty. I did watch Mr. Rogers on occasion growing up, but never with any regularity. He did come off as a square and not as cool as anything else I was watching. That's what kids do, though, especially when you're in school and your peers influence your likes/dislikes. I would rather watch He-Man or GI Joe than Mr. Rogers as a kid. But now, as a nearly 40-year-old guy who thinks the world is way too violent, mean and nasty?

I completely understand what he was doing and admire him. What he did, in some way, shaped a whole generation of kids, including me, who didn't watch all the time. With my parents, this is where I developed my morality, my values and my beliefs. Be kind to one another, imagination and make believe are okay, learn something new every day, go out on a limb for your fellow man, open yourself to new possibilities, do good in the world. Perspective changes everything.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

And your point is to, what, try and shame people? Good for you.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
And your point is to, what, try and shame people? Good for you.

You have two people here who admittedly were derisive - both owned up to it and feel differently now. That is a good thing, don't you think? To acknowledge one's growth? And yes, I have a problem with people who did stuff like that, then start with "I love Mr. Rogers" without ever acknowledging their derisive comments. That is not a good thing, at least it isn't for me. If you want to call that "shaming" (one of my least favorite of today's PC cliches) that is perfectly fine. Has nothing to do with "good for you."

Last edited:

J. Casey

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
I finally gave up on Amazon and ordered from Deep Discount. I didn't preorder, but did order it the same week as released. Don't know what Amazon's problem has been of late....they still don't have Shout Factory's blu of THE EVIL even listed!

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Yep, it's been happening a lot at Amazon lately. Don't really know what the problem is. I ordered from a third-party seller that I do business with - they're fast and reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks