What's new

Pre-Order Won't You Be My Neighbor? (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
In theaters, Warren.

My experience was posted HERE.

Ron: This is a link to a DVD of the documentary. I've read that a Blu-ray is apparently coming...but I'm not seeing any evidence of it yet. Amazon has a place-holder, but no listing.

I've been checking regularly for the Blu-ray to appear on Amazon, but nothing yet.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
It even made it to WV, which doesn't happen too often for documentaries. My 14 year-old son, who was very young when the show was in its last reruns on PBS, went to go see it earlier this week and felt the need to call me to tell me how good he thought it was. He was 100% moved by it.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
Was this direct to video or was it in the theater?

Battlebeast, the film has opened in Canada as well but for some unknown reason hasn't met with the same response as the United States, despite the fact that most Canadians know who Mr Rogers was. In most of the cities it opened in, it was gone in two weeks.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Cineplex in Canada has a stupid monopoly on cinema, so they don’t play a lot
Of art-house type films.

I’ll have to look and see if it’s playing in Edmonton, but again, a lot of great movies (I LOVE YOU PHILLIP MORRIS, 127 HOURS) didn’t get played.

This annoys the hell out of me. The US has 17,000 theatre chains... we have two.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thanks for letting me know this is only the documentary. I will keep an eye out for the theatrical release.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm confused. The theatrical release isn't considered a documentary? What is this if it isn't the one directed by Morgan Neville?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Please note that this is the documentary, not the recent theatrical release. I will update this thread with the proper preorder information once it is available. Sorry for the confusion.

What does that mean?

It's a documentary that got a theatrical release.

Are you confusing this theatrical documentary with the upcoming Tom Hanks biopic?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My point, earlier, Ron was that the link you posted in the OP is to a DVD release (even though the thread title specifies a Blu release). Amazon hasn't posted a page for a Blu release yet.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This is definitely the release of Morgan Neville's documentary on Fred Rogers that has been receiving great acclaim in cinemas across the US this summer.

be-my-neighbor.jpg

18217-1-1100.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My point, earlier, Ron was that the link you posted in the OP is to a DVD release (even though the thread title specifies a Blu release). Amazon hasn't posted a page for a Blu release yet.
Right, I think it's only a DVD release as I couldn't find any indication there is a Blu-ray release.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Not sure what the issue is with Amazon on this, because it seems pretty clear that there WILL be a Blu release of this title.

Best Buy now has a pre-order link with artwork posted on its site (for $19.99).

34237447_sa.jpg

As I noted up in Post #3 of this thread, this is highly recommended by me for ANYONE who feels any affection for Fred Rogers and his work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks