What's new

Wonderfalls might come to DVD (1 Viewer)

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
http://www.savewonderfalls.com/

May 25, 2004 - Victory?
We've got some very good news for everyone who's been campaigning their asses off for the past month -- it looks like we're going to get those DVDs! Tim Minear posted this on a messageboard today:

"Okay, some tiny good news -- looks as though 20th is going to go through with "Wonderfalls" DVDs. The folks on the DVD marketing side love the 13 episodes and see great potential. We're talking about extras and commentary and all that good stuff. December/Holiday release was mentioned. I'll keep you updated. (BTW -- a flood of 'postcards' was mentioned. We were asked, 'that's not your families sending those, is it?' Um. In a *way*...)"

We also spoke with Bryan Fuller, who says "20th is very interested in releasing a DVD but we have to figure some things out to make it financially doable, specifically the music liscensing. They did the same thing on Roswell, swapping out some more expensive songs with more affordable ones. You'll also notice on the Sixteen Candles soundtrack that very few of the songs you may have seen in the theater actually appear on the video version."

Bryan also stresses that we "shouldn't stop sending post cards until it's done and done -- you never know what can derail something like this." So please continue to show 20th you're interested -- obviously they're listening!

P.S. Come "squeeeee!" about this with us on the forums!

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Oddly enough, I have the theme song playing right now.

I would pick this up in an instant, and thankfully from what we've seen, the music wasn't very memorable... and since we've only had 4 episodes aired... it's not like we'll know the difference...

I hope at least the pilot episode has the same music, some of that was good.

I thought shows were working out music stuff in advance for DVD releases these days. I guess not every production does when picking music.

Still, it's probably fairly easy to get this set out. I really really hope it happens. What a wonderful show.

I did a whole ad for my high school newspaper about the cancellation of the show, and how it was really depressing to many people. I'll scan it one of these days.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Yeah, if they concentrate on securing the music we heard on the 4 aired episodes, they can do the swap-out thing on the 9 that we didn't see - with Minear's approval, of course.

I'll buy the set.

Joshua_W

Second Unit
Changes to the music due to rights issues shouldn't be too much of a problem. They only aired four of the thirteen episodes, so in most cases, we won't know what we're missing.

I didn't think the show was as great as most did, though it was highly entertaining. But I loved Caroline Dhavernas' portrayal of Jaye. She's a superb actress who I hope to be seeing more of in the future. And her presence alone definitely makes this DVD set worth a purchase.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I enjoyed this show allot and will definitely pick up the set. Unfortunately this show was cancelled without a chance to make it. I can't wait to see the unaired episodes!

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
This is excellent news! Just what we need for the holiday season is a fully-loaded Wonderfalls set like Fox did for Firefly!!! :)

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
I managed to see a couple of the unaired episodes, and I've got to say the more I watched this show, the more hooked I became. It's definitely a show that requires cumulative viewing - Fox unfortunately did not give it the chance it needed. They could have had a hit on their hands if they'd allowed it to build the audience.

This is really the kind of show that seems best suited for cable. And this is definitely one of those times I'm grateful that TV on DVD has taken off so well.

This is a must buy for me!

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Another show that wasnt given much of a chance so maybe it will get it on DVD.

It's funny, I thought the pilot was better than some of the other episodes.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

Same here.

Great news, though I'm still hoping this actually comes to fruition.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
It's odd they didn't pre-clear the music seeing as this show started well after TV-on_DVD was an established phenomenon.

Ryan_Guah

Stunt Coordinator
I'll definately buy it. Being from Niagara Falls myself, you cannot help but to want it. ;)

Now they just need to get to work on a Tru Calling release..

Brooke

Stunt Coordinator
This show never came to Australia but I think I would 'blind buy' it as I've heard so much about it. I think I remember it being by the same creator as "Dead Like Me" (which I love) - am I right? Would you recommend it as a 'blind buy'?

Sasja

Auditioning
Thanks for the great news - but doesn't that mean that no-one has picked up Wonderfalls? :frowning:

Much as I'm looking forward to the dvd, I'd rather have Wonderfalls on another network or cable so we could get more episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks