What's new

Wonder Woman Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i'd be shocked if the quality was inconsistent with the first two seasons.

picked this up today and haven't opened it up yet.
the front of the package feels a little odd- i'm wondering if the store stuck one of those honking big black security stickers on the face of the digipack (which would really piss me off), or else if its something associated with the extra Shazam disc.
barring any issues with the a/v, i have to say it's great to have the complete series now sitting on my shelf.
before last years chat i never would have expected to have the entire series in less than a year. it's great the way Warner fast tracked this, without regard to any new theatrical or TV tie-in.

Jim*F

Stunt Coordinator
I also thought something felt odd with the packaging today, but figured it was the extra Shazam DVD. I opened the set as soon as I got home, and the extra DVD is exactly what added to the extra bulk!

Love the complete red, white, and blue look on the shelf! And now I have 4 WB sets for the rebate (only 2 more and I can send in for the $50 rebate).

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
For those who are interested, it seems that the end-of-episode "moral" is missing from the bonus Shazam episode! Most fans of the show know what I'm talking about and will not be pleased, to be sure.

Technically, though, the show isn't edited because the morals did not air during the original run. They were recorded later (at the suggestion of star Jackson Bostwick) and added to the reruns later that season.

Still, the morals are an expected part of the show for most fans. This might not bode well for any future release of the show being as complete as the fans will want them.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i watched the Shazam disc this morning, and to be honest, i forgot all about the moral tag at the end.
the cut to the credits did seem a little abrubt, but i wouldn't have remembered what was missing unless you hadn't said something.

the quality of the Shazam ep was a little disappointing- it looked like i was watching a worn 16mm print, complete with slight jitter.
and its one of the 5 or 6 episodes that TV Land ran and re-ran, but just the fact that they included it made me happy.
its a very cool, very unexpected extra to get with this set (and i'm afraid, this is probably as much of Shazam as were likely to see on dvd unless a feature film gets made several years down the line).

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I have Season 3 on the way... Can't wait to check out the set as well as the Shazzam disc... I haven't seen an episode of Shazzam since I was a kid! so bad quality and moral or not (Atleast for this extra disc)it should be fun to watch again. I mean after all can't complain about something that is free. :-p

If/when we get season sets I would hope to see it cleaned up and morals put back in!

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I have all three sets and I have to say that so far, the picture and (mono) sound on season 3 is rockin! :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup: I think this may be the best looking and sounding set in the series. Kudos to Warner Bros.

It's funny, before I started watching season 3, I had been watching some of the first season of Lois & Clark, and Wonder Woman totally blows it away in terms of picture quality, IMO! What's even more amazing is that we're talking about a 1978 TV show compared to a 1993-94 series. As always, YMMV, but I definitely give the quality nod to WW.

MattHR

Screenwriter

Another good example of how earlier shows shot and edited on film look superior to current ones shot on film then edited on video during post-production. The use of video in post-production for editing, effects and titles has, IMO, lowered the quality of the transfers of the more recent shows. Other good comparisons of the use of film vs video editing are CHEERS vs FRASIER and HULK (the series) vs HULK (TV movies).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks