What's new

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020) (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Oh I see. *Backdating* the origin story by an additional 25 years is how you keep in "relative step with the modern day." Thanks for the afternoon laugh!
I'm glad you enjoyed the laugh but my point (which you ignored) is that the character has changed over and over for decades. The change for the current DC movie Wonder Woman is to have her have fought in WWI and not WWII.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
B8F7FAC4-7E3D-427E-918A-78D4EF8E6073.jpeg

The entire project became instant fail the minute they didn’t choose to use this as her costume.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Somehow this thread has become more about the mind and intentions (just perceived or less so) of reviewers and other forum members than about the (new) movie.
Please return to discussing the movies, not the posters.

(And, please, consider this a moderator instruction as in "Forum rules", viz. 17.)

Cees

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’m now deleting posts. Next I’ll remove posting privileges. If the goal is to insult people over differing views of Wonder Woman...don’t.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
An image that purportedly shows Kristen Wiig as a fully transformed Cheetah has popped up on Twitter. It supposedly comes from a line of WW 1984 products, in this case a school notebook, that will be available in Brazil:

EQRVOaNWsAoHXiP

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I think you're right that this will be delayed. But whatever movie is the first tentpole release to open after the pandemic has subsided is going to benefit substantially from pent-up demand to go back outside. So that could end up helping the box office for whichever film it is. Wonder Woman was always going to be a big draw, but if it ends up being positioned in that manner, it could really explode.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
'Coming Soon' - interesting.

June 5 might be the "sweet spot" or perfect storm for record breaking attendance. With the assumption that things will be "back to normal" by mid to late May. People will be rabid for theater attendance again, especially for a super hero summer blockbuster!

If things are still FUBAR through the Summer, Theater attendance will be the last thing to be worried about!

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
June 5 might be the "sweet spot" or perfect storm for record breaking attendance. With the assumption that things will be "back to normal" by mid to late May. People will be rabid for theater attendance again, especially for a super hero summer blockbuster!

If things are still FUBAR through the Summer, Theater attendance will be the last thing to be worried about!

One problem for movies due June or later is that they're probably not done.

I saw the "Minions" sequel got delayed, but apparently not because they're convinced we'll still be shut down in July but because closures mean they simply can't finish it.

Presumably principal photography on "WW84" finished but I also assume it comes with a lot of post-production work to be completed, some/much of which may not have been performed.

So even if we're clear to return to theaters in 2.5 months, will "WW84" be ready to go?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Pre Covid-19

That's vague and widely open to interpretation.

For instance, you could say we never went back to normal after 9/11, and that'd be accurate from a certain POV. The travel experience changed considerably, as did other aspects of life.

But for all intents and purposes, life went back to normal. Most people flew/traveled again, and we accepted the changes as a "new normal".

There's no such thing as "one normal". There's a normal for a certain time, and that's up for grabs.

It's gonna take a long time to bounce back from COVID, but I see things as back to "normal" again after the crisis ends.

People are gonna go to DisneyWorld and to movies and to sporting events and to concerts...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks