What's new

Women are more into looks than men re: HT. (1 Viewer)

Women......Cant live with them, AHHHHHH...... you know the rest.
rolleyes.gif
HA
rolleyes.gif

------------------

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Theresa, come to Austin, quick - you are unique! I'm sinlge and place speakers where they sound best. I have had the opportunity to build and sell some beautiful exotic hardwood veneered speakers, both monitor and tower size, EACH time, the husband who wanted to buy them was SHOT down by his wife. It wasn't the looks of the speakers, it was that the wives didn't want to see them
furious.gif
One guy (plenty of money) was enthusiastic, took photos home to show his wife how nice the speakers looked, came back the next day with his tail between his legs, and said sheepishly: "She doesn't want speakers out in the room - she wants in-wall speakers - do you know of any good-sounding ones?"
Another?: A financial consultant building an extension to his house with a family entertainment room, was excited about a HT area and asked my buddy and I to check out the construction to run speaker wires in the walls. He also wanted us to build speakers for him. He called my bud back the next day and said his wife didn't want speakers showing - in-walls were THE decision. I'm so frustrated by the wife-dominance thing it's hard to put into words. My second income idea is trashed. Where does this hatred of speakers (even beautiful veneereed cabinets) come from?
Whew! Rant off.
------------------
"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"

Not to sound bad or anything but I pretty much do what I want. Wife decorates the bedrooms, bathrooms, living room, kitchen, etc while I get to decorate the IMPORTANT parts of the house. You know the basement hometheater room, the weight lifting/workout room, my spare bedroom/office, and the sooooo very important garage. :)
JamesMartin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks