What's new

Wolfenstein Impressions--Are There Any Out There? (1 Viewer)

James St

Supporting Actor
It was fun playing with everyone last night. Up until my entire neighborhood lost power that is.:angry:

I tried hosting for the first time yesterday. I was able to do 6-8 but anything over that and people started lagging bad. Do numerous explosions in this game affect bandwidth the same way as in Ghost Recon?

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Is there a planned HTF game for tonight? I just picked up my copy and would love to play with you all tonight if you plan on playing. My Gamertag is Cletus Vandam. Send me an invite if ya'll get on. Thanks.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Im pretty sure a bunch of us will be on tonight so ill catch you then Keith

Leo_P

Second Unit
I really like this game. I like playing as a medic, the only thing is you need ammo right away and some of the Lt.'s I played with were a little stingy with the ammo. Also, a lot of folks would respawn instead of calling for a medic and letting me revive them.
I played as an engineer for a minute on the Beach Invasion and tried my hand as an Lt. and soldier, but I think medic is my calling.
My only complaint so far is the game's speed. It plays more like Unreal Championship and IMO it'd be a little better if it moved more like Ghost Recon. I think Halo's speed is what I was looking for, but I guess that's what Halo 2 is all about.
:b

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
WEll I broke down. Wolf sits here on my desk as I type. Ill be on tonight so send me an invite if you see me:)

Allen_Appel

Second Unit
I too broke down and bought this game, even though I don't yet have XBL. The XBM demo has been a lot of fun (just the factory level, the crypt level scares me like a leetle girl). So, give me a couple of days to sneak Live into the house ("What? The headset, new? No, I've had it for a long time. You haven't noticed me talking on it before?") and I'll see you guys online.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Very fun time tonight. This is a game I really was not going to bother picking up as the PC version left me very cold but I had a wonderful time. Thanks to Chris for hosting for us and dont forget that no matter where you are, there is always room for an AIRSTRIKE!

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
What decides if you can join a game your firend is in? It's seems the only way most of the time is if you get in invite, but sometimes it says "Joinable".

Had fun for the short time I was on tonight. I've been experiencing a lot of lag with this game so far (extremely frustrating), but Chris' was pretty good.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
This game has dominated every waking hour of my life sense I got it, I friggin love it!!

Hopefully Chris can host alot of games this week so we can all get together and play, and travis can feel the rath of my airstrike some more.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
lol yeah chris has a great connection. I usually do but i think my new router is screwing my connection up on live. Im gonna check it out thia weekend with the old one and see what happens

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
Ken,

Send me an invite! I enjoyed playing on your team last night.

Bryan / Audie Murphy on RTCW / PPH2 on Xbox Live

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I missed you all again last night but I did get a lot of online play in with some non HTF guys which was a lot of fun, we played objective on the beach invasion level and were having a blast. I'll look to see if some of you are on tonight.

James St

Supporting Actor
Wow, last night was awesome. As popular as airstrikes were though, I found myself taking more of a liking to the venom and flamethrower. Since my airstrikes can just as much damage to my team as the others(sorry Romier:b ) I'll leave that duty to the other seven lieutenants on my team. :D

Leo_P

Second Unit
I really had fun last night. I'm starting to get the hang of this game. At one point on Beach Invasion, you guys had those documents LOCKED DOWN!:angry:
But I am having a BIG problem with lag. Chris' connection is buttery-smooth but for the most part I'm lagging all over when I try to play elsewhere. Don't take this the wrong way, but it REALLY sucks to have to rely on a friend with good bandwidth to play lag-free. We need dedicated servers. I can only host about 4-5 people, including myself and I thought I had a decent connection.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I can only host about 4-5 people, including myself and I thought I had a decent connection.
The first game Joey invited me too when I logged in was really bad, dont know what was going on. Seemed liked a hiccup. I started a game shortly after and hosted about 8-9 at one point and everything was butter-smooth according to everyone so its not too bad. I do agree though that they should work on adding more dedicated servers.

Joel Hurley

Stunt Coordinator
Awesome time last night! Chris, I agree you've got a great server, and to everyone who played thanks for helping make RTCW a sweet purchase! See you online boys!
-JTello, A.K.A. Dr Fragenstein

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
So far lag is my biggest issue with this game. If you can find a game with a host who has a decent connection this game is great. I'll looking for some of you HTF boys tonight.

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
I have this game coming in the mail from GameFly. Hopefully will show up on Tues or Wed, I will look for you guys online.

Leo_P

Second Unit
Also, what is needed for Dedictated hosting? 2 XBOX's, two live accounts, and 2 copies of the game?
I was thinking about setting up a dedicated server at my brother's house.;) I got him XBL (when it first came out, no less) along with a router AND hooked it up for him thinking we'd play together online. So far, we've played UC together about 3 times.:thumbsdown: He never uses it. What a waste.
What if instead of hooking it up at his house, I just took his Xbox (along with his XBL account info)and hooked it up to my router? Would that work?

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
lol leo that would be awesome if your brother allowed you to do that.

I just got off hosting 9 people . I figured out my lag problem was my router. needed to upgrade the firmware and shut off the wireless part for when i host. However if someone in our house turns there comp on it lags again. Thats why we got the lag towards the end before i left. I love the game but i never have lag problems when hosting every other live games.

My brother is going to pick up wolfenstein as well. He is usually out at night so i can try using his X-box as a dedicated server on nights ruffneck dosnt host. Lets see what happens

capt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks