What's new

wolf lake on UPN (1 Viewer)

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
the show that cbs cancilled is now on upn wed 9:00pm et. tonights episode acording to the tv section in the paper is "Meet the parents"

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Do we know if these are just re-runs, or is the show in production for UPN now?

Deborah

Alan Benson

Stunt Coordinator
DeborahK: Not exactly re-runs, but not new either. The series is definitely still cancelled. A total of nine episodes were filmed. CBS showed eps 1-5 before cancelling; UPN is showing episode 1, followed by 6-9.
This is just CBS using UPN as its dumping ground for burning off unused programs... Not a good sign. Plus, newcomers to the show are likely to be thoroughly confused.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
After last night's pilot, they fast-forward ahead four episodes (with a monster "Previously, On 'Wolf Lake'...") and will show the last four episodes that CBS paid for, but did not air.

There likely won't be any new episodes produced this season, but the creator has expressed willingness to retool the show to make it more UPN-y - make it more about the kids, which he says were the more interesting stories anyway (or he's sucking up) - if that will get the show on the schedule for fall.

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Hi, Jason,

Thanks for the information. Still think this is a bit strange, but, oh well, as they say. I would like to see those unaired episodes -- I really rather like this show when it was on. (As I recall, you did not like it particularly.) Are they showing 6-9 on Wednesdays, or are they starting to show them tonight?

Thanks,

Deborah

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Wednesdays at 9 through April (nothing interferes with "Smackdown!") before they likely start double-pumping "Enterprise" for May sweeps.

In a related note, the first UPN/CBS repurposing deal has already flamed out: UPN will no longer be rerunning "The Amazing Race" Friday nights. I don't think this sort of cross-network programming is necessarily a bad idea - I think I said way back last May that "Wolf Lake" wouldn't stand a chance on CBS, but it may be a pretty decent match for UPN. NBC and Pax have bounced a couple shows back and force to good result, and "24" on FX has worked out well, too.

I won't be watching it - it's on against "The Amazing Race", "Greg The Bunny" and "Wednesday, 9:30 (8:30 Central)" (aside - for the love of god, give John Cleese something to do!) - and, yeah, I thought the pilot was pretty rank. But, if this gives it a better chance at finding its audience, more power to 'em.

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Thanks again. I was out last night and unaware that it was on. It will be interesting to see if my DirecTivo picked it up -- I have a season's pass for it, set up back in the fall. When I looked through my passes last week Wolf Lake showed as "nothing scheduled" so it will be interesting to see if this got updated. Somehow I doubt it, tho' it seems to me it should have seen it.

Deborah

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks