Woke up to my TV displaying this.....

Satchriani

Auditioning
Real Name
Tony A.

So.....I did what any smart, educated person would do....I smacked the glass with both hands. Sure enough, the picture came back, but the colors were faded in two spots on the screen. They slowly came back....but I had to leave for work, so I'm waiting for my wife to call and tell me it's messed up again!

Would this be a sign of the tube failing? We've had the TV for around 5-6 years.

BTW...my wife's birthday was on Saturday, mine is today...so excuse the cards

Satchriani

Auditioning
Real Name
Tony A.
Well, it's been turned off and on again a few times during the day, and it hasn't done it yet....

weird..... also weird that I smacked it, and it started working again.

Bill_Weinreich

Second Unit
Not weird at all... looks like an issue I had on a similar Tosh a few years ago. Apparently (from what i was told) they were prone to bad solder joints and may only show up after it warmed up. The fix was to reflow the solder joints (wanted 250 at the time to do it). I would of done it myself but: a. most were surface mount and I had no SMD soldering tools and b. without knowing the "typical" bad spots, it would have been a lot of resoldering.

Jacob C

Second Unit
something is wrong with your vertical deflection. It could be something simple but you wouldnt know untill you got in there. My computer monitor is starting to do that once ina while. I need to get it fixed. If it was a TV I would get a new one if I could.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Smacking your tv to resolve visual problems must be a common thing..... When I was in college, we actually kept a large frying pan beside the tv just for those "smacking" adjustments to save wear and tear on our hands...... it always worked!!!!

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaMovieMaestro