What's new

WMCE 2005 and NVIDIA Decoder (1 Viewer)

Steve F M

Screenwriter
Anyone having trouble with WMCE 2005 and the new Nvidia PureVideo Decoder.

Mine won't save the audio option to SDDIF Pass Thru to a Receiver. Keeps going back to 2 Channel Audio.

When I go into WMCE 2005 I keep have to changing the option to SPDIF Pass Thru each time. Very annoying. I tried the patch from Nvidia but it still keeps going back to 2 Channel!

Steve F M

Screenwriter
Gainward Hollywood 7.1 Sound Card. Only as a pass thru to my receiver.

Using the latest drivers from Nvidia.

This worked with the previous Nvidia Video Decoder but does not work with the Nvidia Pure Video Decoder.

Again it works but I have to go into settings each time a movie starts and change from 2 channel to S/PDIF Pass Thru. It will not save my settings for me. Keeps reverting back to 2 Channel Audio.

Harris_C

Stunt Coordinator
Have you tried changing the setting in your drivers for the sound card only S/PDif? And then leaving the default settings in MCE.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Also try getting out of Media Center and go to your Windows Media Player and set the output to SPDIF in that. Then go back into Media Player and see if it retains the settings.

Until I went in and set Media Player to SPDIF my sound card would not pass DTS out to my receiver but it would pass DD and DD-EX just fine.

Steve F M

Screenwriter
No go. Updated Sound Card Driver and also tried changing options while watching a DVD in Windows Media Player but it would not save. Keeps reverting back to 2 Channel after I Cancel out and start another DVD.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I would email NVidia to find out what they think the problem is then.

As a side note:

It seems like anymore when I upgrade anything it doesn't work and the tech support is lame to say the least. I upgraded my network to a wireless G and it wouldn't talk to any of my wireless B devices even though it was supposed to be any easy setup.

Have you tried rolling back the driver and see if the problem still exists?

Steve F M

Screenwriter
Contacted Nvidia 3 days ago and still no answer. Says they are still investigating this.

I reverted back to the original Nvidia Video Decoder and everything works fine.

I want to use the new decoder to take advantage of my video card that has pure video but I guess I will have to wait til they can figure out why this is happening.

Harris_C

Stunt Coordinator
Let us know how it goes, that does stink. Hopefully Nvidia will resolve this issue for you.

Users who are viewing this thread