What's new

WKRP In Cincinnati: The Complete Series Review (See Posts #218 & 356 for Info) (1 Viewer)

Hasslein

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
This is REALLY nit picking, but I just watched Filthy Pictures and noticed in the first scene (after Johnny lights Les' paper on fire)before the cut Johnny spins a record, and you hear the first chord of the record, only the Shout set fades the chord where you can barely hear it. It's an abrupt cut, I guess on the initial run, the producers decided not to licence the song & cut the scene short.

Also I noticed in Put Up or Shut Up, the laugh track was changed when the edit was made with Herb singing "Our Day Will Come" so on Jaime's site his edit makes that apparent, & isn't smooth. Don't know how long it has been gone but it isn't in the syndicated version on Antenna TV either.

Hasslein

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Just watched Til Debt Do Us Part, the commercial music that opened the episode was replaced. The original sounds familiar... "Herb Alpert Dating Game-ish" but I don't know the piece.

dietcola

Second Unit
Real Name
les nessman
had to find the footage elsewhere because my syndicated copy starts seconds too late to catch it. i really feel stupid for not knowing this one. sounds like alpert circa GOING PLACES, though i did a quick run through of that, and a few of the albums before & after without hearing that particular part. i mostly focused just on endings. could have missed it.

Shia LeRitty

Auditioning
Hasslein said:
Just watched Til Debt Do Us Part, the commercial music that opened the episode was replaced. The original sounds familiar... "Herb Alpert Dating Game-ish" but I don't know the piece.

Wow this was a good catch. Had to go back and put that little audio snippet in lol...I refuse to let anything slip by! lol :)

Hasslein

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Right before the airplane footage with the clips of all the DJs asking everyone to honk. Johnny is talking over it reminding everyone to honk at 1 o'clock...

Just now noticed the Monday Night Football theme is in the Chemicals commercial in A Family Affair...

Shia LeRitty

Auditioning
Hasslein said:
Right before the airplane footage with the clips of all the DJs asking everyone to honk. Johnny is talking over it reminding everyone to honk at 1 o'clock...

Just now noticed the Monday Night Football theme is in the Chemicals commercial in A Family Affair...
ok thanks. the older copy I have doesn't have it either. ;( Can't replace it.

Shia LeRitty

Auditioning
So aside from the Debbie Boone YLUML in The Airplane Show - the only thing I couldn't put back in was the stones track in A Mile In My Shoes. anyone got a link to that one? Thanks.

And thanks to everyone who cataloged all the omissions.

Hasslein

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
You have the Plastic Ono cut in Venus & the Man?

Other than Jaime's site haven't found a Mile in My Shoes. But I'm going to try to replace the whole audio track with a sweetened track.

Shia LeRitty

Auditioning
Hasslein said:
You have the Plastic Ono cut in Venus & the Man?

Other than Jaime's site haven't found a Mile in My Shoes. But I'm going to try to replace the whole audio track with a sweetened track.
No I didn't remember anyone mentioning this. When is it?

Hasslein

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Obtuse said:
Another mystery solved!

Venus And The Man:

Candi Staton: Looking For Love
John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band: Remember
Della Reese: Bein’ Green

I managed to secure a copy of "Venus And The Man", recorded 1/31/1981 from CBS (This version has the "welcome back hostages" message at the beginning as well). The original song used in the scene in Andy's office (which is obscured by slightly louder replacement music on the DVD set and Jaime's version) is John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band's "Remember".
That one, Ry Cooder in Baby It's Cold Inside, Tim Reid in Up & Down , and 61 Clay in Most Improved were never updated in list...

Also in dietcola's syndicated cut list, there is mention of more missing footage on shout set, Andy walking in and saying "Morning" in end tag in The Union...

If my list is accurate, there are 68 different clips needed to restore the show...

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
For anyone who wishes to have a comprehensive list of the episodes and all of the original music, here are a couple of documents that I have been keeping and updating as time has gone by.

The first is my original full length post (with a few minor edits and revisions) and the complete revised song list.

I believe that with both of these documents it is the most accurate music and edits list for the entire show.

View attachment WKRP Post.docx

View attachment WKRP Song List Revised.docx

Shia LeRitty

Auditioning
can anyone point me to the bah, humbug ep with THESE parts in it. Mine doesn't have it. thanks. I really hate that kewego site jaime used to put up his vids urgh! lol thanks to anyone who can help

Everything is the same from here until Mr. Armor passes out the eggnog.
Mr. Armor: Arthur.
Young Mr. Carlson: Thank you.
Mr. Armor: Les, you gonna have a little bit?
Les: Just a little.
Mr. Armor: A little bit. And drive carefully.
(total missing time: 6 seconds)

Jennifer: Time to go.
Mr. Carlson: Oh, please no. Just one cup of eggnog.
Mr. Armor: This is the specialty of the house. Merry Christmas.
Everyone (toasting): Merry Christmas
Jennifer: It's time to go.
Mr. Carlson: Ah..no...I haven't seen Don Bassett since...well since...since he died.
Jennifer: I'm sorry Mr. Carlson. It's time to go.
(total missing time: 14 seconds)

Hasslein

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
891a9ab4bc971ef55bf0f7e062f3c9ef.jpg

The quality of the tape is bad, about as good as a torrent...If I can find my hq dvd - r i'll post it somewhere... the dvd-r i checked footage against is an slp recording on a xmas compilation I made.

Supposedly antenna TV shows it with everything but shaboom, but in Los Angeles there is a bug, so the footage is no good to me.

AndrewCrossett

Second Unit
I assume the season sets are exactly the same as what's in the complete series set?

I was wondering if they might put the other version of "The Contest..." on the season set, which would have annoyed me.

Hasslein

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
I would've happily triple dipped for that, as well as the full version of Bah Humbug (S03), & Herb's Dad, which are obviously errors...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks