What's new

WKRP...Complete Series Coming Soon! (See Post #109) (2 Viewers)

Matt.Koz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Kozlowski
Hot Blooded...YES! Tiny Dancer...YES! Steely Dan...YES!...well, er, actually Steely Steely Dan...is that Steely Dan played on Steely Drums? ;)

lj01

Agent
Real Name
Lyle
just at a quick glance, appears the Eagles ("The Long Run") in "The Doctor's Daughter" missing. Maurice Chevalier (pretty sure that was not expected)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
It's unfortunate the music for Jennifer's doorbell is not specifically mentioned as being there or not. Maybe it's there. Hope so, but won't be surprised it's not.

Matt.Koz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Kozlowski
Curtis F said:
TVshowsondvd.com just posted a press release with a pretty strong list of artists whose songs are on the DVDs. It's a long list but sadly, it does not seem that Pink Floyd is included. It does say "some of the artists", so there is still a chance, but I would think that Pink Floyd would get a mention on the list.
Screw Pink Floyd...greedy twats! Seriously though, I am curious to see how the handle the missing "Here Comes The Sun" from the "Out to Lunch" episode. Hope they can find a way to keep the scene intact as it is pretty crucial to the plot (and it appears that Every Night by Paul McCartney may be included so that covers part of the scene). Interestingly, the entire scene is still in the syndicated package, or at least was as of a few years back when WGN aired it. Sad that Chuck Berry's Merry Christmas Baby may be gone. Really set the mood for the scene in Jennifer's Home For Christmas plus Venus references Mr. Berry by name.
I'm done with my "what's missing" gripes...I'm such a hypocrite. In all honesty, I think Shout! should be commended. I am really looking forward to this release and truly trust that exclusions are pretty much limited to whomever didn't want to play ball so to speak. I mean, they got the bloody Doors for God's sake. And now more Tiny Dancer abomination!
One mo' thing, wonder if Hoodlum Rock will be broadcast length. Think I'll check with Mr. Brian Ward.

Matt.Koz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Kozlowski
FYI - re: Hoodlum Rock. Brian Ward responded to my Twitter inquiry regarding the length of the episode and said the following: "I'll have to go back and check, but we did timing comparisons on each episode. We avoided syndie cuts."

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I think they did a really great job also. The fact they got some artists even Wonder Years couldn't is interesting. The list is quite great. I can't wait for my pre-order to ship! They can ship it now PLEASE :D

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Ted Nugent is there so it looks like 'Queen of the Forest' in the pilot episode may be there.

Since Bob Seger is there, 'That Old Time Rock and Roll' from the pilot part 2 should be there as well as 'Shattered' and 'Lies' from The Rolling Stones.

Looks like pilot parts 1 & 2 should be almost broadcast versions if not the original broadcast versions.

From Turkey's Away, looks like Pink Floyd is gone. Bummer. 'It Came Out Of The Sky' by CCR might be there as well as 'Fun Time' by Joe Cocker. So, This episode should be almost broadcast version.

The list is certainly encouraging. There are a few bummers (Pink Floyd and Chuck Berry). I'll have to go through each episode and double check them against the list provided. It should give us a better picture of what might and might not be included. Give me a couple of hours and I should have something more concrete to post.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I pre-ordered from Shout a while ago, and now I'm really looking forward to getting this set in the next week or so. It's clear from that list that they really put forth an effort to clear as much music as they could. That's all we could ask from anyone. Kudos to Shout!

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Yay! No need to cancel my Amazon pre-order now! :drum: Kudos to Shout! for not blowing it! I have a lot of nostalgia for this show, so I'm glad I'll be able to enjoy it properly again...

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
No Village People...? :blush: Could be among the not mentioned artists, and wouldn't it be a neat shock if Floyd is there but not listed... Nah, guess they'd named that one. But seriously, it looks like a fantastic release and I applaud their efforts already. :thumbsup:

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Out of the songs actually mentioned by name on the old S1 list ( http://zvbxrpl.blogspot.com/2007/03/wkrp-dvd-not-ok.html ), the only artists not represented on the new cleared list are the Beach Boys.

I do wish that original list had mentioned all songs instead of just "all music replaced", but who knew there would be a second attempt at this?

sacrablu

Auditioning
Real Name
sacra
Rather than list specifically what songs are not included AND what song is subbed for it - They list a long list of what is in it, so they can cheat consumers out of specifics and not give us 100% accurate info so we can make a purchase descion.Saying "avoided Syndie cuts" means there are cuts to dialouge and scenes = Cuts to dialogue and missing seconds and / minute from episodes = NO SALE ++ It shows SHOUT IS sleazy not informing consumers of each exact cut, they very well know what was cut cause they did it !!!!!Istead of making it a SHOUT exclusive and/or limited edition, cheated us of 100% song clearance because EASIER TO CLEAR ALL THE SONGS (actors too) wth less copies pressed (that is how even for wide release stuff SHOUT gets stuff cleared most dont, cause they only have rights to sell them limited time) so rights would have cost even less.BOTTOM LINE - SHOUT failing to exactly list what was music subbed out & what dialogue and scenes were edited is a sleazy tactic to try and hide the full facts from fans !!!!! we have aright to know EXACTLY what we are buying before we buy it, not a guessing game based on innuendo and listing whats included without a corresponding whats not in it list.

pre-order cancelled

Spottedfeather

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
sacrablu said:
Rather than list specifically what songs are not included AND what song is subbed for it - They list a long list of what is in it, so they can cheat consumers out of specifics and not give us 100% accurate info so we can make a purchase descion.Saying "avoided Syndie cuts" means there are cuts to dialouge and scenes = Cuts to dialogue and missing seconds and / minute from episodes = NO SALE ++ It shows SHOUT IS sleazy not informing consumers of each exact cut, they very well know what was cut cause they did it !!!!!Istead of making it a SHOUT exclusive and/or limited edition, cheated us of 100% song clearance because EASIER TO CLEAR ALL THE SONGS (actors too) wth less copies pressed (that is how even for wide release stuff SHOUT gets stuff cleared most dont, cause they only have rights to sell them limited time) so rights would have cost even less.BOTTOM LINE - SHOUT failing to exactly list what was music subbed out & what dialogue and scenes were edited is a sleazy tactic to try and hide the full facts from fans !!!!! we have aright to know EXACTLY what we are buying before we buy it, not a guessing game based on innuendo and listing whats included without a corresponding whats not in it list.

pre-order cancelled
Did you really honestly think that Shout was going to give us a list of every single cut in every single episode ? They didn't cheat us out of 100% song clearence. There was never going to be 100% clearence. It would be just stupid to assume so. But you're seriously mad that it's only 99% music clearence instead of 100% ? Really ?

If they ridiculously did it your way, most people wouldn't be able to get the set. Anything is better than the old Fox set from a few years ago. I seriously had to go through this several times before I hit Save, as I didn't want to say something that would get me kicked out of a great forum. People like you...just infuriate real movie and tv fans. Suck it up, man up, and deal with the release. The rest of us will actually be enjoying life, Scrooge.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
JoeDoakes said:
Looks like they got "Who are You" from the end of the Who concert episode.
Maybe they just didn't list it because it's not a high profile rock artist, but in the same episode
after the tragedy at the concert, Venus introduces then plays Bill Evans "remembering the rain"
near the end of the episode.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
WKRP site the box set has now been delayed until 10/9 due to production delays!

This is mainly annoying because I asked Shout specifically if the release needed to be delayed since music licensing info had not been released and was told everything was on track for the early ship pre sale.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Powell&Pressburger said:
Looks like according to Shout Factory's WKRP site the box set has now been delayed to production delays! new date Oct 9thThis is mainly annoying because I asked Shout specifically if the release needed to be delayed since music licensing info had not been released and was told everything was on track for the early ship pre sale.
The music doesn't necessarily have to be the cause for the delay.

With the pre-release being shoved that far back, if I buy I might as well wait for the Amazon release and save a few bucks... especially since Wonder Years is due the next day.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Sorry I didn't mean it was or wasn't a cause for the delay but as of about a week ago per shout they had said the release dates were on track I only mentioned the music because if I hadn't someone would say, it was because of the music lol. either way I may just cancel my Shout preorder since it isn't like we are getting it that much earlier and amazon is still at about 97.00

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks