What's new

Wizards? (1 Viewer)

Jay Sylvester

Supporting Actor
Anyone else a fan of this animated title? I know a lot of people hate it and think it's crap, but I love it. I haven't seen it in years; the last time I watched it was on the Sci-Fi channel. I don't think I've ever rented it on VHS, because I don't remember seeing any of the raunchier bits I've seen mentioned on the net. I'd love to see this on DVD, even a barebones $14.99 deal.

Anyone else?

Eric F

Screenwriter
I heard rumours a while back. All Bakshi's stuff should make it to DVD, it's only a matter of time.

Wizards and Fire & Ice are the two main ones. I really whoever owns the rights to these and The New Adventures of Mighty Mouse (which inspired a whole new genre of cartoons) decides to release them.

AndyW

Agent
Wizards was a pretty cool cartoon that I used to go see at the midnight movies when I was in high school. I would love to see it on dvd. I haven't seen it in a long time even though I have it on vhs somewhere. I think I need to dig it up and watch it again.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
The Fox chat with Peter Staddon well over a year ago hinted that this might be in the wings. Nothing further yet.

Jay Sylvester

Supporting Actor
Anyone have an opinion on Bakshi's version of Lord of the Rings? I was thinking about picking it up.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Bakshi's LOTR was skewered when it was released. I think I watched it about 5-10 times in college and didn't think it was that bad if you knew what was going on in the first place. It wasn't a good movie, but the animation part was quite unique and I thought very unique. It seemed to be very difficult for non-LOTR people to follow and the story was very compressed leaving out a lot of material. I always seemed to have to explain the movie to everyone I watched it with which usually should tell me that there's something wrong.

Originally, it was supposed to be a 3 film deal (1 book per movie), but money and creative problems changed it into a 2 film concept with the LOTR covering either the first 2 books or at least 1/2 of the 2nd book. If memory serves, after dismal box office and horrific cost overruns, the second part was never made.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I love Wizards; it's the last of my Top Ten Films of All Time that hasn't been issued to DVD yet. I'd love for an all-out SE, but doubt that will ever happen. I remember sitting through all six shows of it when it played theatrically for a brief weekend when I was in college.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks