What's new

"Wizards" early 2004? (1 Viewer)

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
The Digital Bits' Rumor Mill reports that Ralph Bakshi is going into the studio to record commentary.

Does my signature line indicate how happy this makes me?:D

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Woo hoo! The last film on my Top Ten list hitting DVD!! I sat through EVERY SINGLE SHOW of this movie when it was playing in my college town.

And in semi-secret news, the animated film Allegro Con Brio is in the works for a DVD in the full-length Italian version that's 10 minutes longer than the American. :emoji_thumbsup:

Rick P

Supporting Actor
(clutches his Full Screen laserdisc)..

I'm just paranoid.. that's all...

"Oh yeah... one more thing: I'm glad you changed your last name, you son-of-a-bitch!"

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
ALLEGRO CON BRIO? Do you mean ALLEGRO NO TROPPO? The former seems to be a short, whilst the latter is a feature. ALLEGRO NON TROPPO is a hoot. Great animation. Kind of an anti-FANTASIA.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
mike ploog is a former artist for marvel comics(he was almost personally responsible for their re-entry into horror comics in the seventies, drawing frankenstein, werewolf by night, ghost rider, man-thing, etc), went on to do some excellent work on their planet of the apes magazine, reproduced straight from his original pencil art. he then left comics for other things, movie storyboards and fantasy graphic novels, including one about santa claus, did a bunch of magic cards and such. he has a very distinctive style that is easily recognized, drawing a lot from will eisner.

it's been a while since i've seen Wizards, but all those really beautiful still drawings were done by ploog, i believe he also did the character design and storyboards. he also did character work and storyboards for bakshi's Lord of the Rings, including a number of fine drawings for the accompanying calender. he did a lot of work with bakshi on these two films, especially Wizards, and i guess i'd just love to see a commentary from him cause i'm a huge fan.

the last thing i know for sure he worked on was storyboards for the first X-Men movie.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
The legendary Mike Ploog also worked on Heavy Metal the Movie, the B-17 segment.
He has a distinctive style, when I saw Heavy Metal for the first time and saw the dead rising up in that segment I knew it was Ploog.
Really looking forward to Wizards, I hope the picture and sound has been spruced up for its dvd debut.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Sweet..... I have been waiting for this one... Now if we could just get Fire and Ice.... Life would be good.

R~

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Is this the same movie where the Wizard had a secret weapon that was nothing more than Nazi footage? And is this the same movie where the Wizard tries to have a human child?

Or did I just dream this up on Sci-Fi, and I'm smoking some wonderful substance? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks