What's new

Wizard of Oz/Gone with the Wind 70th (1 Viewer)

Greg_M

Screenwriter
Round 12? how many times has "Oz" been re-released?

Amazon has art work up for both the standard and Blu Ray releases of "The Wizard of OZ' and "Gone With the Wind" both to come in deluxe packaging - like the recent "I am Legend" set - no release date is set yet. Both celebrating their 70TH Anniversary in 2009

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
I can't wait to see Wizard of Oz and Gone With the Wind on Blu-ray. That much is good news.

Are these newly remastered? by a different personage than before? Is there any indication that the willful, destructive, and highly subjective color alterations imposed on the previous box-sets have been corrected?

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I'm interested to see what additional special features these will have. There isn't much more they could do, but off the top of my head it would be great to have some of those GWTW screen tests available in full.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
I think the burning of Atlanta would be something to see in high-definition.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You and me, both. Off the top of my head, I think this will be my fourth purchase of "The Wizard of Oz" on DVD/Blu-ray.

Crawdaddy

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough

For me as well and also the big ULTIMATE OZ laserdisc box, and two VHS releases. I love the film, but enough is enough!

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
There will never be an ultimate edition of oz, unless they include the alternate Pink Floyd soundtrack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
As if that will ever happen
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
. Led Zeppelin didn't want Stairway to Heaven to be used in Almost Famous, so Pink Floyd is never going to let a studio use an entire album just as a bonus feature. It would cost an enormous amount, I think.
But it's great to dream, I guess
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I can live without the Pink Floyd album. I actually saw the two synced up in a movie theater that ran it off of a DVD dub of a dub of a dub of a VHS tape. It was an excruciating experience, and it cured me of any desire to listen to Pink Floyd ever again.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Well they did allow TCM to broadcast the film back in 2000 with Dark Side of the Moon as a SAP track so its not completely impossible.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
OK- just what new extras will these releases have that the last ones didn't? If it's basically the same stuff as before, no thank you. I already have the OZ 3-disc set, and the GWTW 4-disc set. If stuff is created for additional discs, I'll change my mind. Details, anyone?

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I thought everyone could tell I was joking about the pink floyd thing.Ive experienced some of this on you tube , it was terrible .

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

Really? I'd want to see that.

And Tony, we do know, but it's a great discussion subject, nonetheless. I've also seen bits of it on YouTube, and it didn't totally convince me either. I'd like to do it properly, but my copy of WoO is in PAL, so it's not going to sync very well.
Now 'Echoes' and 'Jupiter Beyond the Infinite' from 2001: A Space Odyssey work together extremely well, down to the length of the sequence and the song. It's a good experience (again, look on YouTube).

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Well, the only part thats kind of hilarious is when Dorothy enters oz, and they have the money song playing,lol !!!!!!!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
(love the snow on the buttons and stuff here. My vote for most festive board by a long shot!! :emoji_thumbsup: ho ho ho!!! )

I'm all over these...adding to the list of first BDs I'll buy when I finally get a player. Glad I didn't upgrade before because I almost did on both these several times.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks