What's new

Wizard of Oz 70th Anniversary DVD set...question on mono mix (1 Viewer)

Eric_M

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,

I apologize for starting a new thread about this but going through some of the older threads it seems this wasn't directly addressed. Is the mono track on this genuine mono or is it a downmix from the 5.1? I have been told by one person that it is not genuine mono but still would like to get some other opinions in the meantime.

I'm now aware about some of the other errors and glitches so far ( the toto line, the frame jump when Glenda is leaving) thanks to the other threads, If there is any more I missed it would be nice to know as well.

Thanks in advance.

KathyBeck

Stunt Coordinator
Don't know the answer to your question, but I just read that this is out of print on Dvd Talk Forum. Hard to believe.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Well if the 5.1 is just a transparent slight upmix from the mono stems, wouldn't a downmix just in effect create the original mono?

Because I think this uses the same 5.1 mix as the 2004 dvd, which only used some slight directional positioning on the effects that were already there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks