What's new

Witness for the Prosecution (1957) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i havent seen this one since i was a kid

but of all the movies i can recall, this had the biggest surprise ending for me !!

david hare

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david hare
Bruce I would call that one hell of a missed opportunity!! I would have said yes instantly, who knows where you might have ended up?You surely know Don Bachardy is still alive and well, and he has a blink-and-you-miss-it cameo in Tom Ford's movie (from Isherwood's novel) A Single Man, as one of two professors in the college green room, who are in the background when Colin Firth comes into School that day. The other man on the seat with Bachardy is director Tom Ford's husband, Richard Buckley.
I was very lucky to meet and know Elsa in the early 1970s - she was one of my favorite people ever. I met her through Ray Henderson, who was a long-time confidant of both Laughton's and Elsa. He was playing the piano for a show I was acting in at the Mark Taper Forum in LA. We became fast friends, and he brought Elsa to the show. From that point on I began hanging out with them, both at the house on Curson and at the beach house. The beach house was a weekly affair, every Sunday - we'd brunch, hear hilarious stories, and her neighbor there was Christopher Isherwood and his Don Bachardy, so they were always with us and we'd all frequently go to their place, too. It was a time. Bachardy, who was an artist and drew male nudes, tried to get me to pose for him all the time. I was and am modest that way and would never say yes. Amusingly, about six years ago I got an e-mail from someone I knew from years past, who is still very close to Bachardy. He said Bachardy was still interested in doing a nude of me! I e-mailed back and said that while I was extremely flattered, if I wasn't going to do it when I was twenty-three, what on earth made him think I would do it when I was in my later 50s??? It was really funny. Bachardy did send me his wonderful book of nudes, though. I just cherish that time and there won't be another like it - people like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks