What's new

Without Remorse (2021)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Taylor Sheridan has come on board to adapt Tom Clancy's novel Without Remorse for the screen. Paramount’s adaptation of the Tom Clancy novel Without Remorse, with Michael B. Jordan starring as operations officer John Clark.

The novel was a prequel telling the origin story of Clancy's black ops operative John Clark, and detailed his service during the Vietnam War. The time period is set to be moved forward in time, because Paramount wants Jordan to reprise the role in an adaptation of Rainbow Six set in the present day.

Without Remorse will be directed by Stefano Sollima. Sollima previously directed Sicario: Day of the Soldado, the second movie in Sheridan's planned Sicario trilogy.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm looking forward to seeing this. I think Taylor Sheridan is one of the best writers working today, and of course Michael B. Jordan is a tremendous talent as well.

If the pandemic wasn't happening, I would have been glad to see this theatrically. However, given the current circumstances, I'm glad we don't have to wait to see it and I'll be happy to have it to watch at home.

I wonder if Paramount retained any rights in the sale to Amazon (such as, for example, rights to release the film on physical media at some point down the line) or if it will become the exclusive property of Amazon. This deal has been rumored for months, but the only thing that surprises me about it is that Paramount doesn't want a title like this to launch their rebranded Paramount+ streaming service. Amazon must have paid a significant amount for it, as they probably also did for the Coming to America sequel. But at a certain point, they're going to have to look after their own service getting new premium content as well.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
When Paramount sold The Cloverfield Paradox to Netflix a couple years back, the physical disc was released almost one year to the day from it's streaming premiere. So, I'd think they'd have some similar arrangement here. That agreement seemed to be for just one year of exclusive streaming rights.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I'm looking forward to seeing this. I think Taylor Sheridan is one of the best writers working today, and of course Michael B. Jordan is a tremendous talent as well.

If the pandemic wasn't happening, I would have been glad to see this theatrically. However, given the current circumstances, I'm glad we don't have to wait to see it and I'll be happy to have it to watch at home.

I wonder if Paramount retained any rights in the sale to Amazon (such as, for example, rights to release the film on physical media at some point down the line) or if it will become the exclusive property of Amazon. This deal has been rumored for months, but the only thing that surprises me about it is that Paramount doesn't want a title like this to launch their rebranded Paramount+ streaming service. Amazon must have paid a significant amount for it, as they probably also did for the Coming to America sequel. But at a certain point, they're going to have to look after their own service getting new premium content as well.
Yes Sheridan wrote Hell Or High Water- one of my desert island films. I’ll have to watch Soldado.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I've always liked the John Clark character, I really like Michael B. Jordan as an actor, and Taylor Sheridan is one of my favorites...so, yeah, I'm in.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I watched this movie instead of the NFL draft on Thursday night. A pretty good action thriller with several impressive action sequences.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
It has been some time since I read the novel, so my memories of it all are pretty fuzzy. There is one sequence from the novel that was pretty memorable and I am curious as to whether this adaptation will retain that element of the novel. It involves an unconventional interrogation technique, but I'll leave it at that.

Looking forward to viewing this soon. Perhaps today.

- Walter.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Did anybody else see this movie? After some more thought about it, I was disappointed that it wasn't a better movie.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I liked it but it wasn't as clever as I'd hoped. It seemed obvious right from the start who the bad guys were and what was going on so that took the wind out of its sails. But Michael B. Jordan was great in the role (his intensity is on fire), and the set pieces were well staged and not flashy (grittier, deliberate). I was entertained but think there's a better movie to be made out of the pieces they assembled for it.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks