What's new

Without Much Ado "The Dead Zone" Has Become a Very Good Show (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Perhaps even picking up the mantle from the X Files. Last weeks Episode "Scars" set the stage nicely to Have Stillson as Johhny's Main nemesis, so far the mixture of "Mythos" shows and "Vision of the Week" shows has been right on, dropping in enough of the main Story Arc to keep one hooked. Piller and Joe Menosky former TNG Producers are doing an excellent job on the series it's fastly becoming one of my faves. Hey where's that Region One Box set ?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I finally watched Sunday's episode last night. This is one of the best current shows that "nobody" is watching. I'm going to enjoy watching Johnny try to forstall the coming of the apocalypse with his shaping on the election/non-election of Stilson (what a creep).

I thought McRaney did a good job in his guest spot. The episode played out honorably, even at the expense of Johnny's machinations because the balance of morality seems to also shape Johnny's boundaries in how he uses the "visions" he sees.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yes and Add Boomtown to that list of Great shows nobody is watching. I really think that these cable shows are so good i.e. The Shield, Sopranos,Six Feet Under etc because they adhere to a 13 show season. We rarely have to sit thru filler eps. They just seem to be able to maintain a higher quality with fewer eps.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I hope that this show is up for some sort of award to get it on the map. I've been watching this show from the beginning and have been touting it's quality. I would certainly hate to see this show turn into "sports night".

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I've been watching since day one. I've enjoyed each and every episode. This is a great show. :emoji_thumbsup:

I have to think it's doing pretty well for it to run on on both USA and the SciFi channel each week.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I too have been a fan of this show since day one and recomend it to as many people as I can.
Although it does have it's occasional share of standard TV cliches, last season's "Twelve Angry Men" episode comes to mind, but on the whole this is a solid show and Anthony Michael Hall is showing some fair depth as an actor....well...he might want to cut back a bit on the dramatic eyebrow arching but still he has come a long way from A Gnome Named Norm.;)

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Is "nobody" watching it anymore? I remember the premiere did really good ratings-wise last year...has the audience dropped off completely? I watched the first 2-3 eps last season and didn't care too much for it, but I've been watching recently, and it's really improved.

Flannery as Stillson has been great, playing the charismatic side of Stillson to the point where maybe you think they are just gonna play him as another slimy but charsimatic politician, then Flannery lets some of the Martin Sheen psychotic Stillson slip through at just the right moments. That scene at the end of this week's episode with Johnny and Stillson in the diner was great stuff.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
No I think it's doing pretty well, just does'nt seem to be talked about much around here.

You know I've never seen the Theatrical Dead Zone and I'm both curious to watch it and dreading it as it might taint the enjoyment I have for the series.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Dave, I HIGHLY recommend the movie. It is one of my all time favorites, with two incredible performances by Walken and Sheen. For $15 you can get the DVD at most stores, and it has a great transfer and audio. Any fan of the series should not miss that movie. And, to answer your question, the movie will not hamper your enjoyment of the series. The movie and the series veer into two distinctly opposite directions, they just both follow the same basic plot.
Good grief man, GO SEE IT!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks