What's new

Without a Trace Second Season? (1 Viewer)

BrianCo

Auditioning
I am new to posting here but have been reading the messages for a while before officially joining. I am wondering if anyone knows when the 2nd season of Without a Trace will be out. It is quickly becoming my favorite show this season and I would really like to catch up on the 2nd season episodes that I missed. Thanks!

HowardPaul

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmmm.....this IS the Second Season running right now.
I'd imagine it'd be released next Fall.
Howard

Corey_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
I'm another that is really hoping for a second season of Trace. Would also love to have the sound quality boosted to 5.1 but the 2.0 wasn't too bad on the last set. I absolutely loved what they did with the s1 finale connecting everything together...though it would've been nice to have both versions.

Hopefully we'll get an announcement soon.

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
I was disappointed this did not got asked about in the recent Warner chat.

Does anyone know any more about this.
Very disappointed so slow especially as now season 3 almost over, so a year behind at least with the DVDs.

Corey_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Since not hearing anything on this for quite some time, I had to ask Gord Lacey from TVShowsOnDVD.com not when new seasons would appear, but possibly why they aren't appearing. I had a feeling the reply would be short like they mention on their contact page, but asked anyway. Here's what I sent and Gord's very quick reply, which I greatly appreciate. Now I just need to find an address and possibly send out a note to WB. Anyone want to help and possibly persuade the WB that there is a fan base out there?

Here's the e-mail I sent along with the reply -

>Dear Gord & Dave -
>
>First off, I'm an avid reader of the site and never miss any news.
>I have a feeling my answer is going to be no news, but I just am
>wondering.
>
>Is there any news about seasons 2-3 of Without A Trace coming to DVD?
>The first set was a year and a half ago, and it was a truly outstanding
>set with deleted scnes, a widescreen presentation and I believe audio
>commentary.
>
>I guess a better question to ask is why there haven't been any more
>sets released as opposed to when they will be released.
>
>Is it due to the sales numbers of S1? Is it due to a syndication deal?
>I know that the WB produces the sets, and they've usually been fairly
>quick about getting shows out.
>
>I apologize for possibly wasting your guys' time, but I guess I'm more
>hoping for answers to what could be holding up future sets, since the
>show is now airing it its fourth season.
>
>Thanks so much and take care.
>
>Corey L Smith :)

Corey, your first guess was right; poor sales of season 1.

Gord
--

Want to see your favorite TV show on DVD?
Visit TVShowsOnDVD.com

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I'm surprised season 1 sold poorly yet ER (also a Warner property) is doing well enough for further sets... when currently Without A Trace is dicing ER in the ratings on Thursdays at 10

Corey_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
I was kind of hoping that when Trace started to beat ER in the ratings it would sell more sets. Then earlier this year Wal-mart and a few other retailers were selling the Trace set for $19.99 and I thought for sure that would equal more sales.

Guess that wasn't the case. So I guess the question becomes...Now What?

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
this is exactly the reason why I'm glad none of my absolute "must have" shows are Warner properties. I like Alice and Mama's Family but they aren't shows I would die if I don't own. Warner has an insane set of standards and I don't get them

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I bought the first season of Without a Trace in that $19.99 sale... and I absoluetly fell in love with this series. Hopefully they will decide to release more seasons... as I haven't watched any on Broadcast TV as I want to see them in order so I been waiting on the DVD sets. I absolutely hate to see a TV series I never seen before out of order or jumping far ahead into the future of the show.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I have a really hard time believing that Silk Stalkings makes a better profit for Anchor Bay than Without A Trace does for Warner

MattHR

Screenwriter

It probably does encourage more sales, but at $20/set rather than $40-$50/set. The people who purchased S1 at the $20 "promo" price would not be willing to pay the regular price for further seasons. They are probably not hardcore fans, but rather bought the set on impulse because it was a good deal.

I'd guess that Warner reduced the price to move their existing stock of S1, rather than press new stock in the hopes of "priming the pump" for further season sales. But I hope sales are good enough to warrant further seasons, since I also like the show and would like to continue the collection.

ravma

Stunt Coordinator
Season 2 has been announced for a Region 2 release, so all hope is not lost..

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit

This has been announced and delayed a few times now in UK R2, with the latest release date quoted by e-tailers 16th Jan.
However I would much prefer to wait for R1 as the UK price is outrageous. RRP is GBP 60 so even with 25% online discounts its GBP 45, which is the srp of the R1 set for season 1.
Like CSI they set the price of these TV boxsets way to high in the UK, at double the R1 price, hence why I have CSI and WAT both in R1.

Also high street retailers definitely think its coming as my local Virgin store has had an empty space marked on its shelves (they label all title space in the back catalogue shelving) for S2 since the aborted release late in 2005. They have just filled it up with more S1 copies.

WolframM

Auditioning
It was released in Germany in November and compared to the UK price it's quite cheap at Amazon.de. Including delivery it should be around GBP 30.

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
My R2 UK copy arrived from Amazon.co.uk, got it for the mispriced GBP 29 now up at GBP 40.

Comes on 4 dual sided DVDs, in a digipak with two trays, two overlapping disk held on each tray.

Specs are Anamorphic 16.9 Stereo 2.0
Only extras are deleted scenes
There are 3 episodes on each disk side
Also comes like S1 with a very nice glossy episode guide booklet

Corey_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Been awhile, figured I'd let this threat re-surface. I just lent the first season to a fellow co-worker and they're hooked. I really want more DVDs. Anyone know where we can write to help persude the WB that there is enough people who really want this show on DVD?

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
I don't, but seeing as how much you love the show, I'd recommend buying it from Australia.It costs $54.50 US dollars, from www.ezydvd.com.au, and includes deleted scenes. It has 4 discs and includes 24 episodes. I'm sure that you probably won't want to, but I'm thinking that it won't be released for at least a year, and if I were you I'd get it from Australia. Or the UK- whichever works for you.
-James

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks